Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Star Gazer

onamission

I'm planning on it. But it's going to cost my $200 on top of that since I don't have 6.5NG right now. The cool thing, though, is that they have a new gauge that is essentially an oversized version of the current 6.5NG gauges and they are going to be matched to the 2004 font, color, etc... so it should still look "right".

I'm going to offset some of the cost by selling my current switch. Although I'm sure there's going to be a big supply of used switches for sale in spring from people upgrading.

Also thinking that with what's being upgraded I could potentially sell the current master module and PP/tach combo for cheap to help finance it. Someone could get a smokin' deal on what I sell and have PP 6.5N after purchasing from PP a new servo motor, cable from the master module back to the servo and the throttle linkage. I can't believe that would cost too much. I'm planning on hitting up PP for prices and see if I can help someone else (and myself) at the same time.

Mike

I asked this in another post, but I'll ask again. Is there any point in upgrading to Stargazer if you're not running the course?

I have mine on order. I should have it by the end of next week. I had to get the new display too since I am coming from 6.5n. Selling my master modual to a ski partner that has an old Plus system. Can't wait to give it a try. If I am lucky I may be able to get it in for next weekend.

As far as Stargazer without a course I would say it may be worth it. No more crew weight skier weight wind etc and it automatically calibrates (multiple times a second) the paddle wheel to get more accurate trick/wakeboard speeds.

Edited by BrianM
I'm planning on it. But it's going to cost my $200 on top of that since I don't have 6.5NG right now. The cool thing, though, is that they have a new gauge that is essentially an oversized version of the current 6.5NG gauges and they are going to be matched to the 2004 font, color, etc... so it should still look "right".

I'm going to offset some of the cost by selling my current switch. Although I'm sure there's going to be a big supply of used switches for sale in spring from people upgrading.

Also thinking that with what's being upgraded I could potentially sell the current master module and PP/tach combo for cheap to help finance it. Someone could get a smokin' deal on what I sell and have PP 6.5N after purchasing from PP a new servo motor, cable from the master module back to the servo and the throttle linkage. I can't believe that would cost too much. I'm planning on hitting up PP for prices and see if I can help someone else (and myself) at the same time.

Mike

mike (or anyone else for that matter),

let me know what prices you come up with. All i need is the master module itself, I already have the chip. I have PP Plus module which does not have the plug input for the paddlewheel.

thanks

John

Ordered mine through skiertoskier. A $20 savings and free shipping sold me. Thumbup.gif

I may have a multi line display for sale after the upgrade, I have the 2005 5" Malibu multi line display and a multi line judges display, not sure which one or both I'm going to use yet.

I've got an email into PP right now for pricing on a servo, throttle linkage and cables. Hopefully I can help someone out here. I'll let everyone know what I get back given that it sounds like some others may want to take the same route.

John,

I really have no idea what the master module is worth. If you're interested, make me an offer. Maybe someone else can chime in on what they think one with 6.5N is worth nowadays. My guess is that the 6.5N chip itself isn't worth squat, so they'd be a package deal. I'm assuming the master module is worth less today than it was a year ago, but that's life.

Mike

I am putting mine up for sale for $100. That is Master Module, 6.5n Chip and the single line display. Good parts for an upgrade from an old plus system or just to hae extras just in case. If anyone is interested PM me. I have a generic black faced 3.5" display.

Is there any reason to upgrade if you are not a course skier? FYI, we ski on a river and use the PP for shoe skiing and open water slalom. The PP doesn't seem to give a concistent speed from mode to mode. Thanks.

Edited by Toes Up

Just to give people an idea the guy who bought my MM chip and display priced the additional parts from PP. The servo and throttle cable, servo wiring harness and RPM wiring harness along with a paddle wheel assembly will cost about $350. So with a used brain and display and all new mechanicals you can have a full PP system for about half of retail.

Just to give people an idea the guy who bought my MM chip and display priced the additional parts from PP. The servo and throttle cable, servo wiring harness and RPM wiring harness along with a paddle wheel assembly will cost about $350. So with a used brain and display and all new mechanicals you can have a full PP system for about half of retail.

I priced out the upgrade system to PP pro plus all the items to make a usable system (servo motor etc.) and it all priced out brand new for only $700.

It's weird because they sell all their parts cheaper by themselves than in a package. I'm surprised more people haven't figured this out.