Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help Weighting an '07 23LSV for Wakeboarding

whitlecj

Hey guys. I bought a 07 23 LSV in the fall and only had it out a couple of times. I was just wondering what the best weight setup is for this boat. I have the 4 stock ballast tanks and the wedge. I would like to add some led to make the wake a bit better. I don't want to go over the top with the weight, just improve the wake some. My old boat was an 03 SANTE so the wake on the new boat is very different. I would like to get as much straight up pop out of it as possible. Thanks for any tips you can give.

Since the 23lsv has a wide smooth wake with a shallow transition, it is doing just the opposite. It is meant to get air with distance , not just pop upwards. I would guess that the easiest way to (sort of) accomplish this would be to put all of your weight in the rear of the boat. Leave the front and center tanks empty. My sinking the rear of the boat you will make the transition steeper and narrower. Just my thoughts.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

I have found, on my 2004 23 LSV Quad ballast, that it works best with my 750# trunk sacs about 2/3 full...500-600# I would imagine, midship and bow full, plus wedge. Even with my Diamond Hull, this thing throws a NICE friggin' wake with a nice lip and clean as a whistle at 21-24 mph. I would guess that you might just run it fullup with the wedge and be pretty close to perfect. If you throw a pair of 750#s in the trunks, then you can tweak it more AND have a killer surf setup when (NOT IF, but when) you want to surf. Rockon.gifThumbup.gifRockon.gif

Hope this helps!

Hey guys. I bought a 07 23 LSV in the fall and only had it out a couple of times. I was just wondering what the best weight setup is for this boat. I have the 4 stock ballast tanks and the wedge. I would like to add some led to make the wake a bit better. I don't want to go over the top with the weight, just improve the wake some. My old boat was an 03 SANTE so the wake on the new boat is very different. I would like to get as much straight up pop out of it as possible. Thanks for any tips you can give.

FWIW...mine will NOT plane when I did just that. I actually had the 750s# full plus midship, no wedge and no bow ballast and it took FOREVER to reach plane. Bow pointing skyward for a LONG time.

Again...my $.02

Since the 23lsv has a wide smooth wake with a shallow transition, it is doing just the opposite. It is meant to get air with distance , not just pop upwards. I would guess that the easiest way to (sort of) accomplish this would be to put all of your weight in the rear of the boat. Leave the front and center tanks empty. My sinking the rear of the boat you will make the transition steeper and narrower. Just my thoughts.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Thanks for the replies guys. I am definately not looking for the same straight up wake as my SAN as I love the long transitions on the new boat. I would just like to get a little bit more of a vertical lip at the top to squeeze some more air out of. I am getting older and the one thing I really liked was the long transitions behind the LSV. Makes the landings much easier on the knees. Having a partially torn ACL, I really appreciate that. I would just like to find a setup where I can make the wake bigger and get more height. Thanks.

The wedge seems to add that old SANTE 210 lip for me. I ride behind a super sport '97 with the old 210 hull and an '06 VLX. The closest I've seen our VLX to the 210 is when we use the wedge and have around 400lbs extra in the nose (lead).

Otherwise we don't use the wedge and use additional sacks in the trunk with the lead in the nose. That's a VLX but I'd think they'd act similar.

Do you have the power wedge? If so, we have found that by bringing the wedge up it will make the wake more vertical.

Plus1.gif The power wedge will add pop to the wake. Put it all the way down, then bring it up a little at a time until the lip is how you want it.

Unfortunately, I do not have the power wedge. Looking back, I wish I would have went for it, but I found a smoking deal on an all white LSV with the Titan III (both of which I really wanted) and it had the floating wedge so I went with it. It may cost me more later, but the deal I got was way to good to pass up even without the power wedge.