Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lake Mead

MUpde

So, we're planning a trip for mid may to Lake Mead. Just currious if you guys have been there around this time and if so, how's the water/weather? A friend of mine has a Toy Hauler and I've got the 'Bu. We're gonna try to camp on the water front. Any sugestions on campgrounds?

Thanks for any input!

So, we're planning a trip for mid may to Lake Mead. Just currious if you guys have been there around this time and if so, how's the water/weather? A friend of mine has a Toy Hauler and I've got the 'Bu. We're gonna try to camp on the water front. Any sugestions on campgrounds?

Thanks for any input!

Not to bum you out, but better you know what you are heading into. Lake level is pretty low and probably is going to get lower so you should probably google a bit and you should be able to find if there is any more camping on the "shore". Maybe there is somewhere you can drive out onto a gravel bar or lake bed. I've seen posts on other forums about lots of glass on what used to be the bottom of the lake from people tossing beer bottles off their boats, which is now the shore, or shallow water so better make sure you're not going barefoot.

http://www.hprcc.unl.edu/nebraska/Lake-Mead-2007.html

I was there this past October and had a great time (can't wait to get back). Yes the water levels are extremely low, but I didn't experience any problems. I don't have any info on camping on the beach, I suspect you will be going to the southern end and I'm not familiar with that end. I have always put in at Echo Bay and stay nearby.

October was the first time I had been back to Lake Mead since 2001 the low lake levels make for a dramatic difference.

-Jared

You may want to think about dropping below the dam and going to Lake Mohave. I think Mohave is regulated like Havasu to keep the levels up.

I got great news for you guys downstream including those at Lake Mead. It has been snowing like a b**** here in Western Colorado! Record breaking amounts. At my house I have three times the snow acculmulation as compared to last year and more than the last seven years combined. Since the rivers flow out of the state of Colorado, good boating is ahead. BTW it is still snowing......... Check out the Winter X Games coverage on the tube this weekend for alook at what I mean.

Enjoy!