Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 Malibu Corvette boat

dudebro

More pics...

This boat was an eye catcher. For 100k, you can have a Malibu modeled after the C6 Z06. Also for 100k, you can have free air subs?? That is the only thing I did not like about this boat, why go thru all the trouble then free air the subs. After I messed around with it for a while, I figured out that one of the subs was not hooked and and that they are reverse firing. So they use the amp compartment as an enclosure. Enjoy!

DSC00262.JPG

DSC00264.JPG

How the heck are they going to keep the bow area dry when you hit a roller? And for $100k I would have expected the wiring for the amps to be cleaner than what these pics show. Is that the stock system or one that the local dealer added on?

Sorry, but I just don't understand the rationale behind the 'vette editions.

Mike

Those boats won't see many rollers.

We can only hope. But it's bound to happen........one of us will spot some 18 yr old kid in daddies' boat, tunes cranked, and bow subbin. And then being towed home by his buddies' Bayliner.

Those boats won't see many rollers.

We can only hope. But it's bound to happen........one of us will spot some 18 yr old kid in daddies' boat, tunes cranked, and bow subbin. And then being towed home by his buddies' Bayliner.

Bite your tongue. First, friends don't let friends drive Bayliners. So it wouldn't be a real "buddy". Biggrin.gif Second, it will only take out the stereo, so you can drive it home.

The stereo was installed at the factory... A lot of the grommets were popping out when I was looking at it. I was kind of thinking the same thing about swamping the front of the boat. I was talking with some people and most of these will most likely be sold to collectors.

The stereo is kinda cheap for a $100k boat,but Rockford is what the factory is installing on all the boats so I guess the have to use what they've got.

Totally don't want to hi-jack here but in the photo album of the Vette boat did anyone notice the black boat in the backround with the skull on the side, is that a Malibu? do you think that skull is decalled or gel? Almost looks like a white illusion tower on it but that damn Vette thing is in the way!! just kidding the vette is cool to look at but it's not practical at ALL!!!!!

Totally don't want to hi-jack here but in the photo album of the Vette boat did anyone notice the black boat in the backround with the skull on the side, is that a Malibu? do you think that skull is decalled or gel? Almost looks like a white illusion tower on it but that damn Vette thing is in the way!! just kidding the vette is cool to look at but it's not practical at ALL!!!!!

That's a wrapped boat. Brian at Altanta Inboard is great for wraps.

Peter

Peter

Like a California wrap, or a rueben wrap?

Sorry, couldn't help it.

I love what they did with the service trucks, they look bad to the bone.

Peter

Tyler at Atlanta Inboard does the wraps and does a real nice job with them. I've got some more pics of them if you like :)

• 3 weeks later...

I ran across a couple of pics of one of the old Vette boats from 10 yrs ago. And to cap it off, it's a Grand Sport that matches his own car!

The blue with the strip looks pretty tough. Not sure I'm crazy about the red interior.

Anderson.jpg

Anderson1.jpg

I ran across a couple of pics of one of the old Vette boats from 10 yrs ago. And to cap it off, it's a Grand Sport that matches his own car!

The blue with the strip looks pretty tough. Not sure I'm crazy about the red interior.

Anderson.jpg

Anderson1.jpg

That would be the boat/car combo that belongs to our own Crew member here, MrWestTexas. He lives here on our lake. That is actually hull #1 of the Vette boats. The boat sat in a Chevy dealer's showroom with 0 hours for several years before Robert & Tammy picked it up and brought it home and put it in the water.

I've chatted with that guy a couple times. He's on WSR, but don't know that he's ever been on this site. Awesome boat. I think it's the only GS themed one out there. Red guts (aka bleeders) are highly desired in the cars. I had one once. You either liked it or hated it. It was bright for sure. It grew on me.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a few pics of our pretty yeller ZO6. We're strapped for space in our booth, as you can see. Last weekend, it drew them in by the hundreds. I'm sure this weekend will be more of the same..

post-195-1203530832_thumb.jpg

post-195-1203530844_thumb.jpg

post-195-1203530852_thumb.jpg

I've chatted with that guy a couple times. He's on WSR, but don't know that he's ever been on this site. Awesome boat. I think it's the only GS themed one out there. Red guts (aka bleeders) are highly desired in the cars. I had one once. You either liked it or hated it. It was bright for sure. It grew on me.

My buddy was storing an 06 for a co-worker. They work in the power industry and frequently do multi-month stints in far off places. We were supposed to take it out and run it every month to keep it loose.

Point of the story was, it was black, with gold accents, gold wheels, gold rockers etc. And red interior. IMHO - that was a horrible color combination.

Point of the story was, it was black, with gold accents, gold wheels, gold rockers etc. And red interior. IMHO - that was a horrible color combination.

Sounds like a bad custom job with all the gold trim. Mine was just black/red, which is actually a decent combo. For instance, look at the boat in your avetar.

Yeah, it doesn't sound like a stock configuration. I don't know of Chevy ever offering gold trim or gold wheels, or even gold rockers as a factory option on the vettes. It blows my mind why anyone would do that to such a nice car.

Here's a few pics of our pretty yeller ZO6. We're strapped for space in our booth, as you can see. Last weekend, it drew them in by the hundreds. I'm sure this weekend will be more of the same..

ECF had theirs roped off so you couldn't get near it. You must have been kept busy wiping off the fingerprints.

A friend of mine had a booth near ECF. He was getting agravated that the Malibu guys kept cranking up the stereo so loud that he couldn't talk to people. We're you guys doing the same?

The new Corvette boat reminds me of Dolly Parton or Pamela Anderson....

Draws a big crowd..... maybe fun to play with for a while..... too expensive to maintain..... not too practical...... doesn't really meet my longer term needs.

I could go on.....

The new Corvette boat reminds me of Dolly Parton or Pamela Anderson....

Draws a big crowd..... maybe fun to play with for a while..... too expensive to maintain..... not too practical...... doesn't really meet my longer term needs.

I could go on.....

Have you seen one in person Doug? Or is this another opinion, based on your manufacturing experience?

BTW, the yellow one sold yesterday. :)