Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 23 LSV vs 08 23 LSV

LSVSharks

Everyone,

I need some help from everyone. I have an opportunity to purchase a new 07 LSV. I was wondering what the crews thoughts of the 07 vs the 08s. It will be used for wakeboarding and wake surfing.

Thanks for your help.

Brad

IICW but I think the 08s have the VTX style windshield with the metal corners and is no longer a one piece windshield. Some people like it, but I would venture to guess that most people prefer the unobstructed one piece windshield. Other than that, I think the interior layout/functionality is pretty similar between the 07 and 08 LSVs. There have been some recent changes to the rear dear pad configuration (2 piece vs 3 peice) on some models, but am not educated enough to comment.

Hope this helps!!

The LSV is an awesome rig!

Everyone,

I need some help from everyone. I have an opportunity to purchase a new 07 LSV. I was wondering what the crews thoughts of the 07 vs the 08s. It will be used for wakeboarding and wake surfing.

Thanks for your help.

Brad

Everyone,

Thanks for your help.

Brad

I bought an 08 21 LSV and I believe this is the first year for shift by wire. Throttle by wire was several years ago. I like the one piece windshield better than the one with vents. Also, is it a 23 or 21 lsv? If its a 23" than I prefer the older dash shape; better visibility and look. These are just my opinions. Its all good with a Malibu any which way.

How much more is the 08? 08 has some changes/updates but the 07 was a great boat, also. I know those Texas guys have some lsv's that look to surf pretty well.

Heya Brad,

I think that the problem you're going to run into is that there aren't very many people out there that have the '08, & then again not that many of that small amount that have any measurable time on them. I haven't spent any time in it, but I've heard that the '08 on the new hull is better suited/matched to the power wedge than the old hull was. If that's true, then it will surf better than the '07. Now with that said, the old hull was pretty good (you spent time in Stewart's '05 didn't you?), & I suspect that what I heard may be splitting hairs, but I don't know. The '08 has a lot of new features on it besides the hull - digital switches, the new audio system, windshield, shift by wire....so it depends on how much all of that matters to you, either way. I think that's what the decision should come down to, because I think that those things will be the things that will be "in your face" most of the time. Both are going to be excellent boarding & surfing boats, so I definitely agree with the win-win comments.

My personal opinion is that the 08 wake hull is a far superior hull. I was able to surf and board at donner lake in october, and I thought that it was the thing. We had 3 in the boat with stock balast and wedge. We were able to surf 10 to 15 feet back and come back in with no worries. Wake was clean and concise. I also really loved the board wake. The shape is enhanced by the wedge. It was a really nice ride. Also, the overall ride and handling is much better (coming from awesome). What can I say.

I would take the all new 08 over the 07 any day IMHO.

Take it for what it is worth. Rockon.gifRockon.gifRockon.gif

Another thing to consider, How rough does the water get where you are. Where we boat here, we have to run the St. Clair River to get to Lake Huron and on any given Sunday You will have 5-10 ft. swells and the hull on my VTX (similar design to the new 23) never stuffed where as the guys with the 21vlx's would! It was just wild, we would go nose first tring to keep the boat just off plane and think oh crap and the water would just spray right out to the side's like some big cruiser.

Oh yeah! Never a stress crack or anything! Malibu's are the best!

I honestly like the dash on the 07 a lot better then the 08. The 08 dash is more reminiscent of the mid-90s dash in my opinion. The other thing I like about the 07 is that I can put any brand head unit into the boat.

I honestly like the dash on the 07 a lot better then the 08. The 08 dash is more reminiscent of the mid-90s dash in my opinion. The other thing I like about the 07 is that I can put any brand head unit into the boat.

Plus1.gif

Which is important when it comes to adding remotes

Plus1.gif

Why?

We bought an '07 23 LSV at the end of the season and got a very good price. Test drove 08's and the 07. Can't comment on the impact of the different hull geometry. Both drove and rode very well.

The one major difference we noticed was the integrated switch system. All of the mechanical switches on the 07 are now replaced with an LCD panel and pushbuttons that you scroll through. Very cool, but in my opinion it was also a bit annoying. For me, it is much better to glance down at the dash and see quickly if the blower or bilge switch is left on versus scrolling through a menu and hitting a button. Just my opinion.

Also, I was concerned about maintenance - a single little flip switch is cheap and easy to replace versus the whole shootin match. Just something to consider. Maybe a little anal on my part...

Aw heck, either way, you probably can't go wrong - 'bu's are fantastic. :)

Oh yeah, I will throw in a pic of the 2007 dash so you can see all the neat little switches...

post-5090-1201282586_thumb.jpg

Plus1.gif

Why?

I've rather have a Clarion M475 with the nicer 3" remote in the transom then a JBL and POS JBL remote.