Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

view new posts

tvano

this feedback is intended to be in the "it is obvious that you are interested in providing a quality ride" vein, not in the Tomato.gif vein.

the "view new posts" is a great resource.

it is the primary method that i use to keep with all the activity here.

altogether too often i get called away after browsing part way through the "new posts" (and prior to punching the "mark as read" link).

a pesky work related problem. don't you hate those?

if i have to leave tmc and return (i know, poor priorities) then: somewhere between "always" and "very often" the "view new posts" link provides the posts that are new since the last "view new posts" action not since the last "mark as read".

something i am misunderstanding?

hate to miss out on any of the scientific gems that surface on the site.

thanks for the hospitality.

Unfortunately, the "View new posts" is based on your visit to the site, not actually the posts you have or have not read. I can certainly do some research to see if there are any other options that we can offer.

In the meantime, I would recommend you use the functionality to view the active topics. There are two ways to do this.

1. On the main forums page, under the section at the bottom of the page called "Board Statistics" there is a link called "Today's active topics". Click this link to view the topics that have had activity today.

2. On the "View new posts" page, at the bottom of the posts shown, there is a little dropdown menu with options to "Get active topics for:" where you can select "Today", "This Week", "The past 2 weeks", etc. and click Go.

Let me know if this works out for you, but again, I will do some research to see if we can come up with a better solution based on your recommendations.

Thanks!!

JZ

thanks for the advise.

not sure i would put my comments in the 'recommendations' category.

wanted to make sure i was not missing something.

again, great community, thanks for hosting the party.

Unfortunately, the "View new posts" is based on your visit to the site, not actually the posts you have or have not read.  I can certainly do some research to see if there are any other options that we can offer. 

In the meantime, I would recommend you use the functionality to view the active topics.  There are two ways to do this.

1. On the main forums page, under the section at the bottom of the page called "Board Statistics" there is a link called "Today's active topics". Click this link to view the topics that have had activity today.

2. On the "View new posts" page, at the bottom of the posts shown, there is a little dropdown menu with options to "Get active topics for:" where you can select "Today", "This Week", "The past 2 weeks", etc. and click Go.

Let me know if this works out for you, but again, I will do some research to see if we can come up with a better solution based on your recommendations.

Thanks!!

JZ

This is how I always view.

I have the same issues as tvano. My wife would be quite happy if I had an option similar to what tvano suggests. Once I start the "view new posts" process at work, I stay until I have read them all. This causes her to get very hungry. :-)

It is only an issue when I am away from a PC for a few days. When I am able to check several times a day, the new posts are fewer and I can keep up with it.

Jeff/Airchair1