Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Darkside info

martho

I have a friend who is looking for a WB. This would be the first WB in the stable. He is 200lbs and 5'10.

Can you guys help me find something decent for him? I know nothing about the darkside and what all those numbers mean 142 145 etc.

I have been in Aneal's WB, but that was several years ago and I have no idea what it was or binding info...

Thanks

Something on the order of 143-145 for board length, 3 stage rocker and a set of boots like Liquid Force Alphas would do the trick.

You should be able to get decent pricing off the net at this time of year for 2007 gear. Don't get too excited about the specific brands etc and you should get set up for between $300 and $400. Buy your watersports gear in January and your snow sports stuff in July and you will have plenty of cash for the fuel tank and lift tickets.

PS: Please send video of your "friend" as the attempt the dark side sport.

I have a friend who is looking for a WB. This would be the first WB in the stable. He is 200lbs and 5'10.

Can you guys help me find something decent for him? I know nothing about the darkside and what all those numbers mean 142 145 etc.

I have been in Aneal's WB, but that was several years ago and I have no idea what it was or binding info...

Thanks

"143" for example is the length in centimeters (cm).

Best advice is to try boards/bindings before buying. Tough this time of year though for most areas. I would stay away from those listed as "beginner boards" or cheaper beginner bindings. Those might be great for 'getting up the first time' but short on room for advancement.

I'd stick with a major player in the market like Hyperlite, Liquid Force, CWB, Ronix, etc.. and begin by looking through their sites at the different boards and skill levels and sizing. I highly recommend paying as much attention to bindings as board.

I've ridden Liquid Force for the last 10 years so I'm not as familiar with others. In the LF line, the Substance has been the best selling board for a while, and Alpha or Transit bindings. All those are great for the beginner and on through pro moves. In the past, several stores had "last year's model" for much less than current. I'd think 07's would be a good buy.

You can also sort through a lot of info on this topic at www.wakeworld.com as well as a few searches on google.

Generally speaking, boards 140+cm are usually good for 200+lbs. All depends on riding ability and styles as I generally ride a shorter board than the chart states because I like the feel and ability to swing while doing tricks.

Hope that might help.

(Might want to search on the topic also as I remember there were some discussions surrounding this general topic back toward mid/late summer.)