Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ever seen a boat float with the trailer attached?

thethrillofspeed

My boat is stored in a very tall garage...in a flood plain. It is flooding in the area where my boat is stored. I'm out of town, so I can't really do anything about it. The plugs are in and the boat is strapped to the trailer. I assume the boat would just float with the trailer...anyone ever seen this happen?

Wakeboarders put a lot more weight in their boats than the weight of a trailer so you should be fine on that count. I might be worried about what the boat would float into... Shocking.gif... Cry.gif.

Good luck. Hopefully the water won't get that deep.

Reno got 1.54" of rain today and it has turned to snow as I post, so keep your fingers crossed that the flooding dies down!

I got a report from my a few of my friends who went and checked the area. The streets had about a foot of standing water on them, but no water made it into the parking area of the storage units and now the water level is going down...phew. I bet the boat could take about six feet of water before the windshield hit the roof.

My 06 VLX will float my trailer. Don't ask how I know. Have you ever forgot to remove the transom straps and tried to launch?

Never. Luckily, the kindly old fisherman at the launch rattled my chain before I backed in. ;)

My 06 VLX will float my trailer. Don't ask how I know. Have you ever forgot to remove the transom straps and tried to launch?

Been there done that. We backed down the boat ramp and forgot to remove the transom straps. The ramp is on a river and the current turned the boat and trailer almost sideways before I noticed and pulled back up the ramp.

I would also make sure before you pull that anywhere that you check your bearings on your trailer to see if water got into the grease hubs due to the amount of time left in standing water. And yes your boat will float your trailer, but as said where is it going to end up is the question. Hopefully everythings turns out for the best...

I'm back in town and my Response is safe and sound. The tires never even got wet...phew. All the streets around my storage unit were flooded, but the storage unit never flooded.

No my boat is stored in the industrial area in Sparks, a known floodplain.

Those poor people in Fernley, they didn't get any warnings. That would have been a tuff way to wake up.