Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help Replacing Transmission Seals

I have a 2006 Malibu XTI, Direct drive ZF Hurth Transmission. I had a problem about 3 weeks ago. We went riding and when we got back to the dock there was about a 1/2 quart of tranny fluid in the bilge. I tried to locate the leak but it was located below the tranny where i can't see. I live in hawaii and can't take it to a dealer. I tried to plull the transmission. I removed the shaft from the tranny and slid it down i also pulled the rear seat and electrical panal above the tranny and came to a stop. How do you pull the transmission? The block and tranny are on 4 motor mounts, two on block and 2 on tranny. Is there a lift you came buy to do this. I am at a stand still. Is there all so any torq specs for any of the bolts.

If its a 06 I doubt its a gasket, see if you can take a look see with a mirror. It's probably a hose connection from trans cooler.

Got The Tranny off. Where the seal is on the short shaft that goes in the tranny was all pitted and rusty. Does anyone know if there is a ready sleeve for the ZF Hurth 45 CW?