Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

05/06 RLXi for sale...where are they???

martho

Hello gang...

It's been awhile

I am back in the market for a boat and am seriously considering 05 06 RLXi. I have been searching the last few days and there are very few of these around. Since the V-drive is taking over and DD makes up a very small percentage of the sales, does this mean there are just fewer boats around?

I looked at a gorgeous maroon metallic flake PS197 locally a few days ago. While I am not going to buy it, the boat sure was purrrrrrdy! PS are much easier to find than RLXi of the same years 05 06.

Any thoughts?

I think people are hanging on to them because they are so nice.

Not planning to come off mine anytime soon.

Good to hear from you martho!!

Personal opinion... people are hanging on to them because the new hull isn't that much better (worse if you're a footer from what I hear) and the 03 - 06 years look much better.

Mike

Just trying to help and i won't post a link.... but i have a new feature on the site that will notify you of new boats that are posted that fit your search criteria. That way you'll always be up to date at least with what is being sold on OIB. Best of luck finding what you want!

I am in agreement with Mike. Since I primarily barefoot, and the 07 has wake/spray issues, I don't have the itch to upgrade. Other people will have different reasons for holding on to their 05/06's, if in fact that is happening.

Personal opinion... people are hanging on to them because the new hull isn't that much better (worse if you're a footer from what I hear) and the 03 - 06 years look much better.

Mike

Plus1.gif

Mike

Plus1.gif

Yes.gif

I agree. I just haven't been able to make myself like the 07. I've driven one and it's a nice boat. I just don't like the bow look. Now, if the whole boat was one color, that visual issue with the bow could be solved. But, with the gel coming up to the bow, it almost looks like a 1970's tri-hull. If it was brown, green or that mustard yellow, I would think it was a 1970s tri-hull.

He must have a man crush on your boat, Jack. Being a CC owner makes him do weird things.

I think most CC owners lust after my boat. Biggrin.gif

He must have a man crush on your boat, Jack. Being a CC owner makes him do weird things.

I think your right. I never seen him post anything like that about CC, even on CCFan.

Jack, what are you buying?

I think most CC owners lust after my boat. Biggrin.gif

I have a soft spot for the 01+ RLXs with the "classic" graduated 3 color design on the side, assuming good colors are chosen. I think that's the best looking stripe pattern and the nicest lines of any Malibu ever made. Enough OT talk though- let's find M an RLXi already!

I'm not real into the color hulls, for practical reasons, but I think this one is stylin'. 2005, 570 hrs., $26,900.

post-30-1199645028_thumb.jpg

Bruce, I'm thinking of a 247 RX. Shocking.gif