Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Considering selling by Bu to upgrade

adams93

Looks great. 1992's still have wood, don't they?

I would start the sell price at 12-13 if it was up here, all original, solid, and a very clean engine.

I would hope to get at least 11 G for it.

• 2 weeks later...

i think the wood ended in 93 when malibu came out with the echelon...

my 89 sunsetter has about 420 hours and is in really nice shape like your boat....i have a tandem trailer, nice stereo and no tower.

i think my boat would sell really quickly in minnesota for 10k, maybe 11 or more if it was April or May.

good luck, what are you thinking of replacing it with...I'd love to have a newer SS LXi with tower!

later,

CR

Its a tower from big air pylons ,cost about 1K and i did intall it myself . http://www.bigairpylons.com/

It wasnt that difficult to install you just need a 2nd hand and some good measurements

Thanks for input i would like to get 9,500 to 11,000for it

Oh yeh not shure what i wanted to upgrade to ??? 07 silver and black LE wakesetter??

Edited by adams93

Since you asked for opinions here is mine... Many potential buyers are turned off by boats that have been beached so I would delete the first pic from any advertisment you have it in.

Nice boat though !

You should be able to get 10k easy. You've got the tower and not a ton of hours. If the interior is in good shape and it runs well you should be fine. I agree with the picture of it beached, that isn't exactly a turn on for most buyers.

We sold a '95 with less hours and a fly high pole just two years ago and based on that sale and what you're thinking. I'd think you could ask quite a bit more. There's always room to haggle as long as you don't price it too high to start. You'll probably get almost what you paid for it :)

would you people like pic of the keel ?? to prove there isnt a single scratch on it ! \

a lot of critics even people who dont belive me ?!

so dont you think potential buyers would look at the keel and under the boat before they buy

WTF!

Edited by adams93
would you people like pic of the keel ?? to prove there isnt a single cratch on it ! \

a lot of critics even people who dont belive me ?!

I dont think the point was whether there were any scratches on it, but the picture shows the boat sitting on a beach which could " potentially" scratch the keel. You probably have really soft beaches there, but the image is still that of a beached boat.

Hey my truck can do a nasty smokey burnout, but I would never post it in a for sale add with a picture like that. just my .02

Since you asked for opinions here is mine... Many potential buyers are turned off by boats that have been beached so I would delete the first pic from any advertisment you have it in.

Nice boat though !

UH its sand !

I'm sure there isn't a scratch on it. I liken it to listing your car for same with the driver smoking - your car may smell like daisies, but an avid non-smoker won't even call you to look at it. Same with selling your house, etc. It's all about making your product appeal to the masses. It works the same with boats. I wouldn't take it personally, but you do want to sell for the highest price possible.

I'm sure there isn't a scratch on it. I liken it to listing your car for same with the driver smoking - your car may smell like daisies, but an avid non-smoker won't even call you to look at it. Same with selling your house, etc. It's all about making your product appeal to the masses. It works the same with boats. I wouldn't take it personally, but you do want to sell for the highest price possible.

Plus1.gif

yea- we're not criticizing you. Its a nice boat, we're just trying to help you out with the general publics point of view.

That boat's been beached. OMG...I would never buy it. It's now structurally deficient because of the beaching incident. This is clearly turning into "BeachGate" News at 11

That boat's been beached. OMG...I would never buy it. It's now structurally deficient because of the beaching incident. This is clearly turning into "BeachGate" News at 11

ROFL.gif

Hey Adams.

that avatar is not totally appropriate for this site.

Its a free world so sue me

While it's true that you can't be sued...you can be banned... :unsure:

I just don't understand your aggression towards people who were trying to help you. Dontknow.gif

Hey Adams.

that avatar is not totally appropriate for this site.

Its a free world so sue me

Dont be surprised of one of the mods pulls your pic.....

Nice boat though !

UH its sand !

Tried to tell ya politely via PM...guess you can lead a horse to water....

Don't know if you knew this Adam, but sand is the stuff that makes sand paper scratch things. Unless there's a pillow under the keel you scratched it.

UH its sand !
Tried to tell ya politely via PM...guess you can lead a horse to water....

Don't know if you knew this Adam, but sand is the stuff that makes sand paper scratch things. Unless there's a pillow under the keel you scratched it.

Partytime.gif

:lol: