Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for reasons to be on the boat in winter!

Chilliezax

I have a 2004 23'XTI and I want to remove the back floor section. I am wondering how hard this is, as I don't really have a reason to do it. It certainly would make some maintenance items easier, but not necessary. It will give me a reason to someday go with the SS tips, if it is easy to remove. If anyone has pics, that would be great.

I have a 2004 23'XTI and I want to remove the back floor section. I am wondering how hard this is, as I don't really have a reason to do it. It certainly would make some maintenance items easier, but not necessary. It will give me a reason to someday go with the SS tips, if it is easy to remove. If anyone has pics, that would be great.

The 2004 may be different than the 2007, but it is a piece of cake. Mine has 2 joints in the floor running bow to stern. The middle section has the table stand in it and you only need to remove 2 screws at the rear corners of that piece. It should then lift up and out. It butt-joints another floor piece on the stern and sides, but the front part ends just under the seat. Wow, that is difficult to put in words, I wish I had access to a picture of that part of the floor. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. Mine looks like it is under the rearward facing seat and the back seat sections. Do those have to be removed for the floor section to be taken out?

Thanks for the info. Mine looks like it is under the rearward facing seat and the back seat sections. Do those have to be removed for the floor section to be taken out?

It looks that way, but the screws are under the carpet at the corners nearest the forward facing seat. That is also where you will need to pry it up. Mine meets another section of floor there under the ballast tanks and edge of the seats so it looks like it continues under there. You shouldn't need to remove the seats. I was in the process of removing mine just assuming I'd have to then I figured it out. Again, the 07 and 04 may be different in this respect, hopefully not.