Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where to Go?

live2ski423

Hey, All....this is my first post - I am hoping you can help me with a huge career decision....

I may have an opportunity to move to Raleigh, NC, but the wakeboarder in me has a few questions to ask first. Where is the best wakeboarding / surfing / skiing lake near Raleigh? I have seen Falls Lake and Jordan (on the net).. We travel 4 hours each way to spend most of our boating time at Norris in East TN, and we LOVE the lake! Lots of watersports lovers, great lake, tons of cool boats, bars at the marinas Thumbup.gif , etc. Moving to NC will add at least 2 hours each way on the weekends...

Can anyone tell me anything about lakes and the watersports / competition towboat scene in the Research Triangle area? My career move could possibly hinge on it!

Thanks!

Arty

Hey, All....this is my first post - I am hoping you can help me with a huge career decision....

I may have an opportunity to move to Raleigh, NC, but the wakeboarder in me has a few questions to ask first. Where is the best wakeboarding / surfing / skiing lake near Raleigh? I have seen Falls Lake and Jordan (on the net).. We travel 4 hours each way to spend most of our boating time at Norris in East TN, and we LOVE the lake! Lots of watersports lovers, great lake, tons of cool boats, bars at the marinas Thumbup.gif , etc. Moving to NC will add at least 2 hours each way on the weekends...

Can anyone tell me anything about lakes and the watersports / competition towboat scene in the Research Triangle area? My career move could possibly hinge on it!

Thanks!

Arty

Don't know anything about lakes in NC, but Welcome.gif

Welcome!

No personal experience with the lakes around Raleigh, but when I looked for possible relocation to the area there were quiet a few on the map. I do know that Coble's Ski/Boarding school is just over an hour or so south in Lillington. Some great coaching is available for young & old, both on those big fat things & the skinny swervy things.

There have been a few threads about NC & VA Lakes, so you may be able to search & find some threads that already cover much of this. Norris will be tough to match anywhere, it has so many things going for it, but you should be able to find something close.

We moved from Indy in '06 and love it here. There are plenty of places to get wet around the Triangle. We live closer to Harris than Jordon or Falls. It has great water and a heater to boot. There are a number of lakes along the VA line as well as in the western mountains.

Life is tough here.....Board close to home? Go to the beach? Play in the mountains? I just can't decide........

PM me if you want more details.

We moved from Indy in '06 and love it here. There are plenty of places to get wet around the Triangle. We live closer to Harris than Jordon or Falls. It has great water and a heater to boot. There are a number of lakes along the VA line as well as in the western mountains.

Life is tough here.....Board close to home? Go to the beach? Play in the mountains? I just can't decide........

PM me if you want more details.

Same as it is here out west, except the mts are a bit bigger.. :)

I have played in your mountains and on your beaches. They are not bad.

The stuff I do to earn green doesn't exist where you are and.....

We don't shake like you do...

Edited by dlb