Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Out on the water

BB LSV

My son missed alot of the late season this year and he got his cast off on Friday so we went out to Don Pedro yesterday to take runs on the BU ! It was a great to be out on the water. Although towards the end of the day it looked like it was going rain, we still got plenty of runs in. Son was stoked and got to get in on some late season action !!! Water was 65 for most of the day, Air was 70. Love the bu and this site !! Rockon.gif

Welcome.gif I didn't realize the water was still so warm, I already called it a season and maybe just a little to early :unsure:

Edit: Good to hear you had a great time, I'm getting ready for a 40 mile bike ride and I hope it doesn't rain.

Edited by 68Slalom

We also got out this weekend. Air temps 85 and water temps 68. What an absolutely beautiful day on the water Clap.gif I guess that's why you have to love AZ in the fall. Everyone stops going to the water as soon a Labor day is over. Then on Sunday we got to go to the NASCAR race!!!!! Thumbup.gifChevy_anim.gif

Just had another beautiful weekend, air in the low 80's, water in the high 60's. For the first time in months the neighbors were lined up to ski!

Forecasting low 80's again today, heading up to 88 on Wednesday. May have to ski without the heater shirt! Tongue.gif

Edited by Clay
Set a season and site PB this morning. Rockon.gif

Winter? What Winter? Dontknow.gif

Sweet, what length you at now?

5 @ 32 off. I can taste the damm thing. Just need to quit thinking about 6 as I go around 4. Mad.gif

This is my first full summer back on the water after leaving Rocklin. Took 1/2 the summer getting back into full skiing shape, the second 1/2 progressing. I know one day soon the weathers going to break, but for now I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Yahoo.gif

Nice!!!! I know I could have used a bit more conditioning as well. Take it why the weather holds the next nice weekend I'll see about hitting the pond as well, though it hit 70 at our place this weekend....

I hope I can report the same different length next year.

If any of you northerner's need a fix (cough oregon cough) - just come on down to TX - we can hook you up pretty much anytime of the year. :)

(i used to live in portland so i know how you feel) :)

...Take it why the weather holds the next nice weekend I'll see about hitting the pond as well...
Crazy.gif What? Crazy.gif Nice grammar M-Dude. Crazy.gif

Oh, and it's supposed to rain Friday, Saturday, and Sunday this coming week-end. :(

:unsure: Hopefully they're wrong and I can squeeze some sets in. Yes.gif

we have been out on the river and the lake for some practice. The water has been around 52 or so and air about the same it seems. The willamette is down to its summer levels although we are expecting it to rise this week. The water has been nice but I am starting to get cold after a few sets even with the dry suit. We are not ready to give it up here yet. My ski partner and I are going to try to ski once every two weeks through the winter to try to maintain. I have just been figuring out the course and I dont want to stop losing my timing etc. I wish I was in a warmer climate but I will soon have to transition to snow skiing until March. I am jealous of the folks in the warmer climate with all year skiing. I woud not know what to do. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Take it why the weather holds the next nice weekend I'll see about hitting the pond as well...
Crazy.gif What? Crazy.gif Nice grammar M-Dude. Crazy.gif

And he's been doing so well. . .so well. :(