Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Not familiar with the 303 product for vinyl protection

yellowjacket

I've seen the product 303 mentioned several times and I'm not familiar with it. Is it a really good product for protecting the boats vinyl interior. That is better then other traditional products like armourall or mequires, etc.?

I've only used 303 on all my boats. I had a 94 sport nautique before this one and when I sold it, the person buying it couldn't believe how nice the interior was.

I bought my 06 Malibu new and in the owner's packet with info from the vinyl manufacturer, they recommended 303. I've found it to be great stuff. I've used other stuff like Babe's and even 3M on my older boats and all seem to work pretty well. Key is to use something ok for marine use and use it regularly.

I'd agree with the "avoid Armorall" statement. That stuff is waaaay too slippery for use in a wet environment.

I use Babe's Seat Soap and Seat Saver. The way it makes the vinyl soft and supple pleases me. Biggrin.gif

I've used 303 also and while it works well, it leaves the surface a bit slippery for me. I still use 303 on the swim platform though, works great back there.

I have used 303 for many years and I've been very pleased with it. I agree with one of the last posters that said to use something marine safe...303 is designed for boats.

303 claims it is a sunblock for your vinyl. The sun will kill your vinyl in a few years if not protected. Hopefully it works as claimed. I put it on about once a week when the boat gets daily exposure. It doesn't seem to make the vinyl any easier to clean for me though like a protectant should.

Great stuff. You can get some free samples from the web site.

I just bought a bottle online for $28 S&H included! Unless this stuff cleans the boat itself, I don't see the benefit, unless you are made of gold.