Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

02 VLX wakesetter price range

vlx wakesetter

I have an 02 VLX wakesetter that I'm thinking of selling and would like some input on what everyone thinks would be the correct price range. Located in southern California!!!

Monsoon engine, 696 hours (110 hours on rebuild), perfect pass, bolster seat, mls, powder coated tower, board racks, tower speakers (2), bimini top, boat cover, very clean inside and out, tandem trailer with chrome swing away tongue, never in salt water, oil changed twice a year along with all other maintenance, new one piece 05' windshield, 05' wakesetter graphics. I was thinking of an asking price of 35K and come down from there, the nada value is 32-36K.

P4010578.jpg

I think $35k is about right, have your details straight on the rebuilt however, was it a new longblock, shortblock, etc. Depending on how you present it, the buyer could view it as a positive or a negative. I had an 04 wakesetter with 1400 hours I sold very easily because I put a brand new longblock it in, the purchaser saw it as a positive and drove him to buy this boat versus others with original engines and normal hours (of course the boat also cost less than others).

-Chris

The rebuilt motor wasn't a new long or short block, it was the same original motor that was overhauled. I know I'm not going to get many responses to a specific price but I'd like some thoughts on a price range. Is 698hrs a lot? It looks like it only has about 150-200hrs and is in great working / physical shape.

Read my first post. I'm at 696 hrs (110 on rebuilt) which means it blew up at 586 hours. Pistons got more air than fuel mixture there for engine was gone. I'm looking for a price range here!!!

Why did it need a rebuild after only 696hrs? They should go 2000-3000 hrs before a major rebuild.

2000-3000 hours is possible, but not a normal rebuilt interval for a boat that gets used 50-100 hours a year.

I think you'll be fine selling the boat for around $35k, the hours may seem high to some people, but the boat looks like its in great shape and has good options, plus your in the right part of the country.

Good luck,

Chris

I haven't completely decided if I want to part with it yet, but if someone offered me what we both agreed was a good price then I'll let it go.

I've got an 02 VLX with pretty much all the options, and under 300 hrs.

Not that is is for sale right now, but I imagnine I'd sell it for about 35k, after asking a bit more.

I too am in socal, and from what I've seen prices are higher. But I don't know if it is still as competitive.

An '05 VLX sold in the DFW area for $35K without a trailer. Factor in a trailer for $4K and thats $39,000 - and that boat had 17 hours on it. That was a great price, but thats an actual sale.

An '05 VLX sold in the DFW area for $35K without a trailer. Factor in a trailer for $4K and thats $39,000 - and that boat had 17 hours on it. That was a great price, but thats an actual sale.

That is a great deal. Deals like that aren't too common is southern california because the local dealers (only 2, covering 10+ million people) don't let things go with too much of a discount. At least that is my experience.