Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

It's back!

Malibudude

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• 88Skier

• areamike

• vette-ski

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thos aren't brake lights, they are blower vents

Bummer, I was hoping flames or lasers or something would shoot out of them...that would be COOL! Rockon.gif

Edited by areamike
$90-100k, up to 800 hp. Not a large market for this badboy. So how do they jusify the cost of the new hull design/mold? Unless they plan on using it for another model with a different deck... Dontknow.gif

Where is the 800hp coming from? The optional Z06 is 505 hp, from everything I have read.

$90-100k, up to 800 hp. Not a large market for this badboy. So how do they jusify the cost of the new hull design/mold? Unless they plan on using it for another model with a different deck... Dontknow.gif

Where is the 800hp coming from? The optional Z06 is 505 hp, from everything I have read.

Same place most mis-information comes from, the internet! Read it earlier in this thread in a post from WG.

Only one possible answer: They make an absolute killing on every single unit sold.

I want to be rich!

than don't buy $90k boats! :)

Bill Gates rich ... where $90K is a drop in the bucket.

You really don't even have to be Bill Gates rich, it's just the thought of spending that much money on a boat that is really designed to only hit speeds of 36-40 max. Whistling.gif

Edit: Now that I think about it, hitting 70+ mph would be kind of fun......especially keeping up or beating most of those fishing boats out there (haha)

Edited by 68Slalom
I want to be rich!

than don't buy $90k boats! :)

Bill Gates rich ... where $90K is a drop in the bucket.

You really don't even have to be Bill Gates rich, it's just the thought of spending that much money on a boat that is really designed to only hit speeds of 36-40 max. Whistling.gif

Edit: Now that I think about it, hitting 70+ mph would be kind of fun......especially keeping up or beating most of those fishing boats out there (haha)

I've always wondered why Fishing boats go that fast. Is it because Fish are fast? 'Cause I know Marsupials are FAST! Tease.gif

I heard a rumor that you will be able to buy this special chip from overseas that will allow you to pump 1,036.5 HP out of that motor but only the boat motor....not the car version...

I heard a rumor that you will be able to buy this special chip from overseas that will allow you to pump 1,036.5 HP out of that motor but only the boat motor....not the car version...

It was true, but..it came out of China and had a high lead count.

Massive recall, before it hit the shelves for the holidays.

But there is another Vette motor out there you know (more power than an LS7). Not on the street yet but coming soon. I can't imagine Malibu using it but you never know.

Edited by vette-ski
Well, they weren't GM motors, they were done by Callaway. More hands in the pot IMO, the more chances for problems. The 2 motors that will be featured in this boat will be straight from GM as I understand it.

Great direct from GM, be lucky if things work. With Callaway at least there would be a chance. ROFL.gif

Yep...my neighbor has the hull #1 Corvette boat that matches his Grand Sport. He made it all the way to 40 hours before the Callaway blew...Gotta love those Callaway motors.

Yep...my neighbor has the hull #1 Corvette boat that matches his Grand Sport. He made it all the way to 40 hours before the Callaway blew...Gotta love those Callaway motors.

Yeah, I remember seeing that. I think I bounced a few emails with him. Didn't know the motor blew. He has or had a website. MrWestTexas or something like that. Nice boat.

Loss of power due to excessive drag from having the engine in the middle will be more than 8% Whistling.gif

is it proven yet ?

However my '92 CC vdrive smallblock beat a '94 MC Prostar 190 with bigblock Tongue.gif

same time, same run, same load (persons on board) ....

anyway me next one is a DD Bu Biggrin.gif

GPS verified 51 MPH out of our '01 Vdrive with the old Monsoon 325. Unless they're propped way low, a 21' V drive Malibu with any engine will outrun any Malibu DD except for maybe a RLX with Hammerhead.