Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Removing Hull Stains

water stains ?? or water SPOTS ?? Dontknow.gif . for stains on whites , Wal Mart boating section , Instance Stain Removal for boats . Spray on , hose off, then wax. Works good. Not sure about water spots ?

There's a product called "On/Off". Spray on, wait 10 seconds, hose off, no more stains. No scrubbing either! Pretty powerful stuff, don't breathe it, and rinse well. It can be purchased at marine stores, it is a hull cleaner. (says it won't harm gelcoat)

I've used it with great success on my last boat, and on rust stains in the toilet!

Try Snow-bowl toilet bowl cleaner. Wearing gloves, pour it on a rag or damp sponge and wipe it on your hull. Let it sit three to five Min. and hose it off. Make sure you rinse all of it off your trailer. Works GREAT and CHEAP!!!

Tonys toilet tonic: 50% hydrogen peroxide 50% lysol toilet bowl cleaner. Spray on, wipe off. Works great. Do a search here for "tony's" - its been talked about a lot!

Does anyone have a product available off the store shelf that is good at removing water stains from the hull?

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve

Sno Bol toilet bowl cleaner. I boat in the Delaware river and have a white hull. This is the only product that works (and I've tried everything). Wear rubber gloves and rinse it off after a few minutes. After I do that, I put several coats of wax on, this keeps it from forming a waterline ring (at least for a few weeks).

Tonys toilet tonic: 50% hydrogen peroxide 50% lysol toilet bowl cleaner. Spray on, wipe off. Works great. Do a search here for "tony's" - its been talked about a lot!

I think people have been playing a joke on everyone! I tried this, and I succeeded in making a volcano. The lysol and hydrogen peroxide combined with ... explosive results. The sight of me sprinting out of the house with a bottle of foam shooting everywhere must've been hilarious. Crazy.gif Still managed to get some of it onto the hull of the boat - it didn't make a dent in the stains I've got.

Did I use the wrong kind of lysol toilet bowl cleaner? I used the stuff with bleach, like I thought I had seen posted elsewhere.

I think people have been playing a joke on everyone! I tried this, and I succeeded in making a volcano. The lysol and hydrogen peroxide combined with ... explosive results. The sight of me sprinting out of the house with a bottle of foam shooting everywhere must've been hilarious. Crazy.gif Still managed to get some of it onto the hull of the boat - it didn't make a dent in the stains I've got.

Did I use the wrong kind of lysol toilet bowl cleaner? I used the stuff with bleach, like I thought I had seen posted elsewhere.

you sure you used the right stuff? Ive never had a problem like that in all the years ive been using it!

I didn't quite have the explosive result from mixing the two ingredients, but I did have a similar outcome with my hull stains.....it didn't even lighten them a bit. A friend suggested Sno Bol and with in two minutes the stains were gone without any scrubbing....it also took all the wax with it, so I needed to re apply it.

It's gotta be the plain, blue stuff. I tried it once with a different version (green, w/chlorine I think), and it foamed up and did not clean the hull.

I think people have been playing a joke on everyone! I tried this, and I succeeded in making a volcano. The lysol and hydrogen peroxide combined with ... explosive results. The sight of me sprinting out of the house with a bottle of foam shooting everywhere must've been hilarious. :crazy: Still managed to get some of it onto the hull of the boat - it didn't make a dent in the stains I've got.

I didn't quite have the explosive result from mixing the two ingredients, but I did have a similar outcome with my hull stains.....it didn't even lighten them a bit. A friend suggested Sno Bol and with in two minutes the stains were gone without any scrubbing....it also took all the wax with it, so I needed to re apply it.

Wish I could have been your neighbor so I could have watched that one...

I once tried the Babe's spot solver and I wasn't very happy with how it applies. It got really sticky and it started leaving really bad streaks like if it was eating/melting the gel coat, it got me worried so I quickly washed it down with soap and water without finishing the whole boat, it looked good in the spots I tried but I wasn't sure if that is how that stuff works.

I have been using windex and a little vinegar for the chrome and window and tried a little area on the black which seemed to work quite well, I now wipe it down with dilute windex with a little vinegar, follow it with a wet towel and then finish it with boat bright.

We get some pretty bad water spots on the side of the boat which is mostly black.....

What worked for me.

Toilet bowl cleaner mixed 50/50 with Hydrogen Peroxide.

Put the mixture into a spray bottle. Sprayed it on, waited and the stains came right off. Afterwards I recommend waxing a couple of times to prevent it from happening so often.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to bring this to the top. Tonys tonic confirmed what I had remembered, my hull is NOT brown! Yahoo.gif

Sno-bol. Works great, you can try the gloves as other have suggested, however it just run inside the gloves and stings like hell. Just got to be quick, wipe it on then quickly wash your hands off with the hose. Wax once dry!

• 5 months later...

My hull is Black and Ivory White. On the side facing the sun it stains really badly with water marks which simply will not wash off.

I basically use 50% distilled water and 50% vinegar mixed, it works a treat then I polish over afterwards.

I boat in the upper Delaware River and in the spring we get some NASTY stains from floating pollen. At any rate, I've tried the "Tony's Tonic" listed above and it didn't touch my stains. The ONLY product that takes them off is Sno Bol toilet bowl cleaner. I just squirt it on (while wearing rubber gloves), let it sit for a couple minutes, hose off and the stains are gone....I've been doing this for 2 years without a problem, my buddy has been using it on his 01' RLX since it's birth without a problem. Just keep it off the trailer and plastic parts as best as you can.

Oh and re-apply any wax, cause this kills the wax in about 2 seconds.

• 5 years later...

This has always worked for me. Rub on, rinse off, wax on!!

I go to the sacramento delta where we vacationed for 2 weeks. The boat is left in water the entire time in a covered slip. There is a yellowish scum that is hard to remove from the hull. Wax has removed some of it, but some locations it won't come off. The scum has seemed to have penatrated the white hull. The local dealer suggested using Bio-Dex 300 swimming pool tile cleaner. I put a little on rag and it did wonders. :woot: Apply in a well ventilated area or use a fan. Fumes are sure to kill some brain cells :shocked:

IMG_0682_zps7d38c9e9.jpg

:clap:

Edited by LUV2SKI