Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best ballast bags for V-Ride

jpk

I'm not interested in removing the hard tanks and hooking bags up to the factory pumps. I just want to add some bags that will fit well in the remaining storage space for days I want a bigger wakeboarding wake or am surfing.

Right now I have a 680lb Launch Pad sack that I fill up nearly completely and it works OK for making a big surf wake, but it tends to bunch up and twist while filling because it is so much bigger than the locker space. I also can't find a second sack of this make because it's an old model and Straight Line doesn't make them anymore, so I can't use two of them for wakeboarding.

Any suggestions for a sack that fits well in the rear V-Ride lockers next to the hard tanks?

I think its a fat buddy that you want, don't know who makes them, they are 440lbs each and can be plumbed in.

I've got Fly High V-drive sacs. The fit perfectly and there is still space to put stuff. They are 400+ ish each. Also have the integrated bow sac (700ish lbs).

I think its a fat buddy that you want, don't know who makes them, they are 440lbs each and can be plumbed in.

I've got Fly High V-drive sacs. The fit perfectly and there is still space to put stuff. They are 400+ ish each. Also have the integrated bow sac (700ish lbs).

Plus1.gif

I have had both the Fly High Pro X 750 (one in each locker) and now the 450 (one in each locker) set up. If your looking for one huge wake go with the 750's but then your going to need to reprop your boat and add a 500lb up front to keep the noise down. I like my new (Sorry J-RO) set up with the 450's because I can ride with the bags full all the time and its hard to make sure that both 750s bags have the same amount of LBS when you only need them filled half way.

Plus1.gif

Garslayer - Was that an endorsement of the Skylon Fat Buddies (28"x20" diameter) or the Fly High V-Drive sacs (42"x16"x16")?

JAGMAN how well does the integrated bow sac fit in your vride? Do you have any pics?

I removed the hard tanks and put the 750's in. I like it so much better than before. There is so much room back there now for storage. I will be putting the integrated sack in the bow. I have it sitting in the garage, but just haven't found time to install it. From what I hear you can get about 400 pounds of water in it when installed in the bow.

I've also considered just getting a Tsunami pump set up and set it on top of the seats in the bow. Most of the time when I have a need to fill everything for boarding, I only have 5 or 6 people max and we could all just sit in the back with the sack taking up the front at 700+ pounds.

You definitely want the bow weight no matter how much more you add. Especially if you want to run with the wedge at max.

JAGMAN how well does the integrated bow sac fit in your vride? Do you have any pics?

The integrated bow sack fits well, It can't be filled all the way because the space is a little short (vertically). I can't get 750lbs in there, I bet it is closer to 500lbs. It is the perfect shape, just can't be filled all the way.

Like others are saying, balancing the additional weight is the trick to having a nice setup. On our boat, with both rear 400's full and Mid MLS full, there is a lot of bow rise. The weight in the bow offsets this and is necessary to maintain the balance and prevent bow rise.

I don't have pics, but will get some and post them when I get a chance.

I left the stock tanks and plumbed in some side sacs. Gives me 510lbs per side in the rear. I just ran a single hose from the bottom port on the front of each tank to the bottom port on the front of each sac. Fill and drain just fine. No extra pumps or lines, T's etc...

I agree. I have a Vride too and I have discovered that a couple of Fat Buddies always work well. Mine are between 285 and 310lbs though. The cool thing is they pitch in for gas and beer and move anywhere I tell them too! ROFL.gifYahoo.gifThumbup.gifSurprised.gif

I agree. I have a Vride too and I have discovered that a couple of Fat Buddies always work well. Mine are between 285 and 310lbs though. The cool thing is they pitch in for gas and beer and move anywhere I tell them too! ROFL.gifYahoo.gifThumbup.gifSurprised.gif

V.A.B. = Voice Activated Ballast

The best kind of ballast in the world! Especially when they pony up beer and money!

Plus1.gif