Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another Mastercraft Story

bound4er

Could happen to anybody, especially the way some folks load the boats for a bigger wake. I'm sure we've all seen the pics of boats with about 3 inches of freeboard remaining. Makes me wonder why they're not on a salvage lot somewhere after going down. Crazy.gif

What do I know, just a conservative New Englander...

Titan 1 is completely straight, Titan 2 has a slight bend like the one in the picture. Titan 3 has a much more significant bend. That is definitely a Titan 2 IMO.

Good point....you've got some good eyes there Thumbup.gif

As I have dealt with those idiots a few times and this is my home lake I will fill in a few missing details that are very very relevant to the story.

1. Last year, same boat ran over another boat going nearly full speed after dark. (Speed limit from sunset to 8:00am is 10MPH). Boat driven by a bunch of high schoolers.

2. Many many times we have asked them to share the water, take turns, stop power turning. One afternoon we were the only boat in the area, asked very nicely if they would mind tubing where it wasn't glass (it was the only glassy bay on the lake). They responded by whipping out 2 jet skis and intentionally ruining the water for the next 2 hours.

3. This year, we had to stop, power turn and fly back to our rider as they were driving right up our butt, only 2 boat in the bay! Knowing they had run a boat over the year before, we were worried.

4. The picture above is from a Malibu XTI (same idiots as the 3 other notes above). Their neighbor came riding with us this Saturday and I asked if it was them, he said it was and that the kids were driving again. The dad said they were about to take a roller over the nose so they hit the gas a little late and took some water on. That alone wasn't the problem, it was that right after that, they kind of killed it and then instead of waiting, bilging, whatever, decided it would be a fantastic idea to give it full throttle to get the nose (which was still pointing down) up out of the water. This, of course, created a wonderful submarine effect.

The dealer pumped 23 quarts of water out of the engine already! The cops tied a rope to it (notice dad in the orange horse collar on the police boat, they wouldn't let him on it without that) they drug it back to shore down a channel about 5-7' deep with stumps in it! HAHAHA. Dealer also mentioned they're ready to buy a new boat after this incident.

If this was my kid and he ran over another boat (nobody was injured in that by the way) it would be the end of things for a while. No boating without me, but hey accidents can happen. Then this happens, it would be punishment and here are they keys to the padlock on the canoe! have fun boarding! But no, daddy buys them a new one.

SAD SAD, I'm just happy they're off the water for the rest of the summer! Can't stand those tools.

Couple of pictures

this is uncropped of them with us pulling a rider! This was the day we stopped riding when they were out.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dizzyg/TaylorS...232750669471538

http://picasaweb.google.com/dizzyg/TaylorS...232759259406146

same day, note that they started right as we went by!

http://picasaweb.google.com/dizzyg/TaylorS...232767849340754

just one to show it's the same boat

Oh, and they don't run all that much ballast, STOCK MLS with a wedge. And, they weren't even boarding when this happened, coming out of the slow no wake zone on a busy day, I would imagine totally empty of ballast as there's nowhere to ride where they were coming from. They are tools mind you, so they may just enjoy riding around with the ballast loaded, you can see the wedge is up too...another clue they may not have been loaded.

Oh, and they don't run all that much ballast, STOCK MLS with a wedge. And, they weren't even boarding when this happened, coming out of the slow no wake zone on a busy day, I would imagine totally empty of ballast as there's nowhere to ride where they were coming from. They are tools mind you, so they may just enjoy riding around with the ballast loaded, you can see the wedge is up too...another clue they may not have been loaded.

Have you tried having your lawyer send a "letter" to them?

Whoo-eee, that's not leaving you guys much room there, Dizzy. We were playing with math a few weeks ago trying to determine reaction times. If the boat is 30' long and going 30MPH, and your passenger falls off the bow, how much time do you have to stop the prop? Yep, about 1/2 second. So in the example in Dizzy's picture with the idjits running up your wake, if your skier/rider augers in, they have a second or two to take evasive action. Based on their history above, seems like, well, you'd be down a crew member. Too bad for you it happened late in the season....

Plus1.gif

You need to get those TOOLS on video and talk to law enforcement.

Plus1.gif I would be on my way to the local sheriff. I also would have spent time with his dad. But then I bet his dad thinks the kid is an angel.

Plus1.gif
You need to get those TOOLS on video and talk to law enforcement.

Plus1.gif I would be on my way to the local sheriff. I also would have spent time with his dad. But then I bet his dad thinks the kid is an angel.

Wonder if Dad is the kind of guy who thinks his kid can do no wrong..... and will try and sue malibu for making/selling a boat that has the possibility to "sink all by itself".

It's kinda like dogs.....most times it's the dog owner who hasn't raised the animal to be respectful. Me thinks this young lad's daddy has things a little messed up.

Looking at the pix of the marine tailgating get me so angry. I wish the marine cops would get more proactive on this case.

the cops on that lake are too busy stalking the jet skis to notice things like that, which I do enjoy. We'll get them on video some day, they're not early risers so we are almost always off the lake before they get out. It is just the evening runs that they like to come out and make a mess of things.

As I have dealt with those idiots a few times and this is my home lake I will fill in a few missing details that are very very relevant to the story.

1. Last year, same boat ran over another boat going nearly full speed after dark. (Speed limit from sunset to 8:00am is 10MPH). Boat driven by a bunch of high schoolers.

2. Many many times we have asked them to share the water, take turns, stop power turning. One afternoon we were the only boat in the area, asked very nicely if they would mind tubing where it wasn't glass (it was the only glassy bay on the lake). They responded by whipping out 2 jet skis and intentionally ruining the water for the next 2 hours.

3. This year, we had to stop, power turn and fly back to our rider as they were driving right up our butt, only 2 boat in the bay! Knowing they had run a boat over the year before, we were worried.

4. The picture above is from a Malibu XTI (same idiots as the 3 other notes above). Their neighbor came riding with us this Saturday and I asked if it was them, he said it was and that the kids were driving again. The dad said they were about to take a roller over the nose so they hit the gas a little late and took some water on. That alone wasn't the problem, it was that right after that, they kind of killed it and then instead of waiting, bilging, whatever, decided it would be a fantastic idea to give it full throttle to get the nose (which was still pointing down) up out of the water. This, of course, created a wonderful submarine effect.

The dealer pumped 23 quarts of water out of the engine already! The cops tied a rope to it (notice dad in the orange horse collar on the police boat, they wouldn't let him on it without that) they drug it back to shore down a channel about 5-7' deep with stumps in it! HAHAHA. Dealer also mentioned they're ready to buy a new boat after this incident.

If this was my kid and he ran over another boat (nobody was injured in that by the way) it would be the end of things for a while. No boating without me, but hey accidents can happen. Then this happens, it would be punishment and here are they keys to the padlock on the canoe! have fun boarding! But no, daddy buys them a new one.

SAD SAD, I'm just happy they're off the water for the rest of the summer! Can't stand those tools.

Couple of pictures

this is uncropped of them with us pulling a rider! This was the day we stopped riding when they were out.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dizzyg/TaylorS...232750669471538

http://picasaweb.google.com/dizzyg/TaylorS...232759259406146

same day, note that they started right as we went by!

http://picasaweb.google.com/dizzyg/TaylorS...232767849340754

just one to show it's the same boat

WOW!!! Holy idiots bat man...I can't stand people who don't know how to drive or atleast have some common sence. Common courteousy on the water is fading fast if not dissapearing here in Mass. I have let the kids and CFO off at the dock before to chase people down for following too close (I was very polite of course...thats why I left the kids at the dock). Our lake is 220 acres and on a nice weekend can have 20 boats running around it in a heartbeat. I have been about 100 feet from shore pulling a few young kids on tubes and people have gone in between me and shore Mad.gifMad.gifMad.gif Sorry to hijack but seeing those pictures gets me so pissed off!!!! Atleast you should have a safe rest of the season without numbnuts out on the water!

Those are the same a-holes who were riding circles around us in IceHouse Bay when we were swapping skiers earlier this season. I had my rope at 28' off and they practically propped the thing as they passed by. I'll be sure to steer people away from that used XTi if they ask me.

You've gotta get those guys arrested.