Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

missing motor side panel

Chia

pulled the boat to do an oil change, clean the hull, tinker with the ballast. Had it out of the water overnight. had the motor side panel out to change the oil and had it resting against the boat trailer and left it like that overnight. The next morning the side panel is frickin missing. Who the he!! would steal a man's side panel and where do I get another one? Surely it would not have been another Malibu Boat Owner who lost his in the lake somehow? It is the black panel between the storage locker and motor.

Can I make one?

Edited by Cervelo

thank PP, that is a great site, I will contact them tomorrow and see if i can get a piece shipped to me. I can cut it when it arrives. I might even get enough for both sides, maybe a little thicker than stock, as the stock ones seem to bow out whent the 750# bag is full against it.

pulled the boat to do an oil change, clean the hull, tinker with the ballast. Had it out of the water overnight. had the motor side panel out to change the oil and had it resting against the boat trailer and left it like that overnight. The next morning the side panel is frickin missing. Who the he!! would steal a man's side panel and where do I get another one? Surely it would not have been another Malibu Boat Owner who lost his in the lake somehow? It is the black panel between the storage locker and motor.

Can I make one?

Lexan plastic (Plexi glass cracks under pressures or jolts) - available in colors.

Aluminum sheet stock ( also available in colors ) - glass shop has either - An Ace hardware may too.

HDPE, Black. Get whatever thickness you think might hold back the Sac. Make the hold-downs out of HDPE too.

they have 3/8" 2'x4' pieces for $55., that should do.

Why do you say to make the hold-downs out of HDPE as well, I was thinking some Aluminum channel from home depot.?

Just buy a bunch of candy cigarettes, glue all of the boxes together, cut to size and spray paint it black. Keep the candy in the boxes (for added stability of course) It will save you a lot of money.

HDPE, Black. Get whatever thickness you think might hold back the Sac. Make the hold-downs out of HDPE too.

they have 3/8" 2'x4' pieces for $55., that should do.

Why do you say to make the hold-downs out of HDPE as well, I was thinking some Aluminum channel from home depot.?

I meant the little twist things that hold the panel to the support. I would have to go look at a neighbors factory setup to be able to see your year model setup but mine have those to hold the panel. I can run over there if you need me too.

OK, I looked at my neighbors, no twisty things, just studs with thumb knobs. It will be an easy replacement. The track on it should be easy to locate too. I'd still go with HDPE.

i would use starboard, a marine material that will last forever. i bit more expensive, but worth it, and can be ordered in many colors.