Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 RLXI

Tahoe32

Two weeks my wife and I went out to the lake for a little barefootin. She back me into the water and when I went to turn the key nothing there. Dead Battery. Swam the boat ashore and used my portable battery pack and the boat started. Boat ran great and started the rest of the day. Was out a couple days before and the kids were playing with all the buttons. I thought one was left on which caused the battery to go dead. Well just the other day I went out again and the samething happen battery dead. I check all buttons, radio or anything else that would drain the battery but nothing was in the on postion.

I have two questions would a day on the lake charge the battery enough? I would like to think so. Second what could be drawing my battery down while it is on the trailer?

It is likely that you have a bad battery. You can use a battery pack to jump a bad battery, and it may even show 12 volts or so after you have run the boat a while, all your electronics will work fine,but the battery will not have enough juice to crank your engine after sitting a while.

A day on the lake is more than enough to charge a good battery...a half hour would proablably be enough.

If you have that battery tested, I'd bet it will show a bad cell (or two). I had the same problem a couple years back. I could get the boat started with a jumper pack, it would start fine as many times as I wanted until I let it sit for an hour or so then I would just hear clicks. Took it to West Marine who put it on a tester and sure enough it showed a bad cell.

Edited by rts
It is likely that you have a bad battery. You can use a battery pack to jump a bad battery, and it may even show 12 volts or so after you have run the boat a while, all your electronics will work fine,but the battery will not have enough juice to crank your engine after sitting a while.

A day on the lake is more than enough to charge a good battery...a half hour would proablably be enough.

If you have that battery tested, I'd bet it will show a bad cell (or two). I had the same problem a couple years back. I could get the boat started with a jumper pack, it would start fine as many times as I wanted until I let it sit for an hour or so then I would just hear clicks. Took it to West Marine who put it on a tester and sure enough it showed a bad cell.

I have over 40 hours on the boat this summer and the battery just started to do this. Nothing works at all. The lights on the buttons show a little dim light. When I turn it over I don't even get a click. The boat sat for 3 days. Bad Battery????

Two weeks my wife and I went out to the lake for a little barefootin. She back me into the water and when I went to turn the key nothing there. Dead Battery. Swam the boat ashore and used my portable battery pack and the boat started. Boat ran great and started the rest of the day. Was out a couple days before and the kids were playing with all the buttons. I thought one was left on which caused the battery to go dead. Well just the other day I went out again and the samething happen battery dead. I check all buttons, radio or anything else that would drain the battery but nothing was in the on postion.

I have two questions would a day on the lake charge the battery enough? I would like to think so. Second what could be drawing my battery down while it is on the trailer?

Are you sure nothing is on? Charge the battery up with a battery charger and the positive lead to the boat removed so that no discharge from the boat can take place. Does the battery take a charge? If not you have a dead battery, but possibly all of your troubles are not solved. If the battery takes the charge with the engine off, key removed and everything off in the boat, pull the positive battery lead off of the battery and leave the ground wire installed between the battery and boat, measure the current (not the voltage) between the battery post and the terminal. What do you measure? If you are measuring more than a couple of milliamps then something is "on" OR you have a short. Good luck.