Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bow Sac for 93 Eshelon

malibucanuck

I've got a 25 gallon poly-e tank up under my bow...but if I was doing it all over again I'd probably use a sac. No idea where to lead you, but you can get custom sacs made to the dimensions of your choice...I know I've seen them somewhere.

I don't know if you have an open bow or closed bow.

Here is my set up. http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.p...=out&id=717

Look at the bottom of the page, it works really well for me. Fills or emptys in about 5 minutes, and I can still store equipment, vests, ect. on top of it.

Mike

I've been waiting to see someone do this... I'm looking to do it with my skier.. I was thinking of just running a tub out of the sac that I can just hook the end of my tsunami up to, but I like the built in config... basically I need to install it at the tip of the bow behind my speaker box. I'm just not sure if this will be up to high or what... Did you do this yourself and do you have any suggestions? Right now I've got an amp and 2 10's in a speaker box that are kind of in the way I'm not sure if I can work around them or maybe move them in a different position.

Not to be super nit picky... But the boat is called an ECHELON not eshelon....

wont to cum and ryd my furd trock

I have the same boat and it deserves more respect than that Tongue.gif

Then tell us what year your Echelon really is G!!!!!!...didn't make 'em in 2004. Biggrin.gif

Sorry about the spelling ,broke 2 fingers and had my 9 year old acting as typist.

Look at the bottom of the page, it works really well for me. Fills or emptys in about 5 minutes, and I can still store equipment, vests, ect. on top of it.

Mike

Closed bow, is your sac attached so as not to roll back?

Doug

Mike

I've been waiting to see someone do this... I'm looking to do it with my skier.. I was thinking of just running a tub out of the sac that I can just hook the end of my tsunami up to, but I like the built in config... basically I need to install it at the tip of the bow behind my speaker box. I'm just not sure if this will be up to high or what... Did you do this yourself and do you have any suggestions? Right now I've got an amp and 2 10's in a speaker box that are kind of in the way I'm not sure if I can work around them or maybe move them in a different position.

Yes, did the install myself. You may want to look at doing a custom box for the subs. (not hard to do) Build it so that it sits under the bow in front of the drivers foot well. Fire the subs towards the side of the boat (most on this site think this makes a better sound)

Dam straight buddy! Biggrin.gif

Mike

Doug

The sack is not attached to anything except to the pump, and the vent line in front, and I have never had a problem with it moving around.

Mike

Yes, did the install myself. You may want to look at doing a custom box for the subs. (not hard to do) Build it so that it sits under the bow in front of the drivers foot well. Fire the subs towards the side of the boat (most on this site think this makes a better sound)

Mike

Doug

The sack is not attached to anything except to the pump, and the vent line in front, and I have never had a problem with it moving around.

Ok I've been working on this all morning and I believe its going to work fine with my current box for now, but I think I'm going to have to place the speaker box on the passenger side due to an after market heating system I have installed.... I'll keep you updated on my progress... and I also believe my boat is shorter then yours only 19.6 ft so I might try and see if I can rig so that I can just reach in and attach my tsunami pump to the bag instead of installing a built in pump.. I'll keep you updated on my progress..

Mike

Mike

Doug

Ok I've been working on this all morning and I believe its going to work fine with my current box for now, but I think I'm going to have to place the speaker box on the passenger side due to an after market heating system I have installed.... I'll keep you updated on my progress... and I also believe my boat is shorter then yours only 19.6 ft so I might try and see if I can rig so that I can just reach in and attach my tsunami pump to the bag instead of installing a built in pump.. I'll keep you updated on my progress..

Ok... custom speaker box it is and I think I'm going to go from 2 10's to just one or maybe one 12 Just not enough room for two and I would rather have a better wake then more bass... I got a question do you mount those amps on the side under the throttle... I'm just afriad no matter how small of a screw I use its going to go all the way through the fiberglass!

Ok... custom speaker box it is and I think I'm going to go from 2 10's to just one or maybe one 12 Just not enough room for two and I would rather have a better wake then more bass... I got a question do you mount those amps on the side under the throttle... I'm just afriad no matter how small of a screw I use its going to go all the way through the fiberglass!

The amps are mounted to a piece of 1/4 ABS that I cut and molded to the shape of the hull. It's not screwed to the hull but is attached to the floor and gunnel with angle brackets and hardware.