Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'08 23 LSV

king_kong

So this weekend while i was down in Tennessee for our dealers annual party a rep from the plant brought a brand new '08 LSV by, and hear are a few pics of it.

dsc02017gm0.jpg

dsc02018sg6.jpg

dsc02019le2.jpg

Ohh and I see they added some speakers in the walkway. Nice

Yeah, looks like they got rid of the ones mounted on the dash that reflect in the windcreen and moved them down there. Thumbup.gif

Not sure if I like that new glass shape better than the smooth wrap around glass on the '07. I guess it is a little on the edgy side. Probably will grow on me. Nice vents up front. Overall, looks great!

Those must be the new Metcraft swivels? The boat, overall looks pretty darn nice. I'm not a huge fan of the windshield or the tower, but I think I could pretty easily get used to it.

That windshield is still the ugliest thing on the water Crazy.gif I think Bayliner glass even looks better. Cry.gif

I can stand the window but the dash would turn me off from purchasing a new boat period it's just regressing in style than evolving.

I agree! I am not a fan of the metal/hole'E thing on the corners of the glass...they screwed it up BIG TIME, IMHO. Ranting.gif

That windshield is still the ugliest thing on the water Crazy.gif I think Bayliner glass even looks better. Cry.gif

I can stand the window but the dash would turn me off from purchasing a new boat period it's just regressing in style than evolving.

Yep, that dash is waaaay FUGLY! Looks like a bus. Mad.gif

It seems that Malibu are trying too hard to be cool & edgy. I thought these boats were more about style and luxury. It would be nice if they offered an alternative dash or winsheild.

i really like the new dash. i don't care for the dash on my vlx. i am not a fan of all the chrome because i have to do a lot of upkeep because of the salt water. but my favorite thing on the new lsv is the speaker location.

Yea I'm not a fan of the windshield or the Dash, also didn't they move the stereo? Oh well I love my boat and am not planning to sale any time soon. Who knows it might grow on me when I see it in person.

Can you take the metal, chrome, hole, thing, off the windshield? :( As anyone tried? Dontknow.gif Anyone Painted one black? Biggrin.gif

I agree with the chrome things. Gotta go!

The overall shape of the windshield is good. Less distortion in your view from curved glass.

Why is the mirror on the walk through window? Do you move yours every time? H no!

The glove box and dash do appear to be a bit high. I would need to see one in person and sit in the seat.

The dash looks good to me. It doesn't look like a bus dash.

I'd take it in a heartbeat over my ol '95 Drool.gif

Edited by Sunsetter95

I like my 2007 LSV better..... I hate windshield, and the look of the 247 hull. Not sure what to do when I sell the 2007. If I order a 2008 it will be a soild color !! I need to see it in person. Not liking the 1 st look Dontknow.gif

I like my 2007 LSV better..... I hate windshield, and the look of the 247 hull. Not sure what to do when I sell the 2007. If I order a 2008 it will be a soild color !! I need to see it in person. Not liking the 1 st look Dontknow.gif

oh come on Gooch... be more optimistic. Your boat looks too good to sell next year anyway.

although Orange would be cool. Tease.gif

I've always thought that MC and SAN had the upper hand on Malibu in the area of dash design. I've seen some really cool ways that MC lays out their dash electronics and gauges and my buddy just got a SAN 236 that had some really cool instrumentation that was impressive sitting behind the wheel.

There are so many other areas that Malibu wins that it is not going to outweigh the decision to buy a bu (for me anyway), but it seems like they were behind already and the dash in the new 08 LSV may be a step in the wrong direction.

The speaker layout is good and the bar on the windshield doesn't bother me, but it doesn't make me say "ooooh, I want that" either. The vents up front are really cool, and seem like they are now positioned in the right place where it can actually use the force of the wind to push air into the engine compartment to cool the engine, remove fumes, etc.

There's my 2 cents.

Mook

Edited by mook222
I've always thought that MC and SAN had the upper hand on Malibu in the area of dash design. I've seen some really cool ways that MC lays out their dash electronics and gauges and my buddy just got a SAN 236 that had some really cool instrumentation that was impressive sitting behind the wheel.

There are so many other areas that Malibu wins that it is not going to outweigh the decision to buy a bu (for me anyway), but it seems like they were behhind already and that dash in the 08 LSV may be a step farther away.

The speaker layout is good and the bar on the windshield doesn't bother me, but it doesn't make me say "ooooh, I want that" either. The vents up front are really cool, and seem like they are now positioned in the right place where it can actually use the force of the wind to push air into the engine compartment to cool the engine, remove fumes, etc.

There's my 2 cents.

Mook

Plus1.gif I'll put my 2 cents with yours. Pretty much my feelings too. There's nothing there that would keep me from buying it but there's things on all my past boats I didn't like too. Hey, you can't please everyone.