Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking to buy a V-Ride and need some pricing consultation

loudontn

Hey everyone, first post here but I've looked around a little bit and already really like all the positive advice and discussion here. I searched for some pricing advice or pro's/con's advice for the V-Ride and found a little but was looking for some more specific opinions if some of you don't care.

Looking at an '07 V-Ride, sick colors, green/black/white, and it doesn't have the ugly (imo) new V-Ride decal. It had .4 hours on it before I demoed it...and I put .5 hours on it during the demo. Let me run down what it has...

Options (maybe some is standard but here goes...)

1. Illusion tower w/ racks.

2. Silver Edition steering wheel/throttle

3. chrome rub rail

4. bow grab handles

5. chrome cup holders

6. 500lbs bow/ (2) 250lbs in rear MLS ballast

7. malibu's version of perfect pass.

8. dual axle trailer w/ swingaway tongue

9. pop up ski pylon

10. manual wedge

11. flip up bolster seat

12....i may be forgetting something but that seems like most of them.

It doesn't have a stereo/speakers, intentionally, they don't put speakers/stereo in it till a buyer knows if they want a higher end stereo or lower end stereo or to do it themselves. I have pretty good connections for marine stereo so I'm going to put it in myself.

What do you all consider a good price/bad price for it?

I really appreciate it!!

(By the way...I don't have pics yet, but I believe my girlfriend has some on her camera. I'll try to get one on here if she got some good ones later)

Edited by loudontn

Most here feel that 10-15% off MSRP is a fair deal for you and the dealer. As far as an exact price, you'll have a tough time pulling that out of someone in an open forum.

If you buy now you'll pay more than if you bought it in December, I don't know if you can wait but buying a boat in the off season has some really nice benifits. Just a thought, we bought ours in December, got it for $3K less than what they were asking when we first looked at it during the summer and recieved a $5000 cash back rebate that I can get back in three years, the rebate is tricky but well worth it if you can wait.

Most here feel that 10-15% off MSRP is a fair deal for you and the dealer. As far as an exact price, you'll have a tough time pulling that out of someone in an open forum.

That is 100% true!!! You might even consider waiting till winter to buy just to save some cash like 68Slalom said.

So, say a new v-ride sells w/o any options. Malibu states 40,900 with a tadem trailer. Would one expect to pay 36,810 for a descent deal? Not that I would consider a v drive Whistling.gif

The statement about buying in the off season is true. Come November dealers have many reasons to sell 07s. It might save you some $$$. Also, there might be some demo boats around that need to be moved out. I saw one listed last fall that had been used at a wakeboard clinic. The boat had front and rear ballast, wedgie, racks, monsoon and I think it was even sitting on a tandem. The dealer had it listed for 36,900 if I remember right. The boat had 60 hours on it but since it was a demo, it would be sold as new.

So, say a new v-ride sells w/o any options. Malibu states 40,900 with a tadem trailer. Would one expect to pay 36,810 for a descent deal? Not that I would consider a v drive Whistling.gif

The statement about buying in the off season is true. Come November dealers have many reasons to sell 07s. It might save you some $$$. Also, there might be some demo boats around that need to be moved out. I saw one listed last fall that had been used at a wakeboard clinic. The boat had front and rear ballast, wedgie, racks, monsoon and I think it was even sitting on a tandem. The dealer had it listed for 36,900 if I remember right. The boat had 60 hours on it but since it was a demo, it would be sold as new.

Plus taxes, dealer prep, freight, etc...I think you would need to add at least 2k to that initial price of 40,900 before ANY options! Then you add a wedge, rear ballast, Monsoon engine, heater, shower, Bimini, cover, etc...and you have a 50k boat Crazy.gif

I've never heard that the 10-15% rule applies to the Ride series. It's a price point/loss leader type of boat, they don't typically deal on those unless they're left over.

I was just referring to a great deal on any boat but Tracie you're correct in saying "they don't typically deal on the ride series" just for the mere fact that's it's already an extremely value priced boat.

I got my vRide for about 15% off MSRP when I bought it new this year. I think it all depends on the dealer and how many boats they sell in a year. If they move a lot of boats, they can play with the price a little more. And that was also on an ordered boat, not one that they had in the showroom.

Edited by jtrovato

Hard to say exactly, but as Lakenut says the MSRP is around $41K (without options) -- anything around $40k +/- sounds like a good deal on that boat. You've got some decent options on there with the ballast, racks, and wedge. The speed control is standard.