Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

08 VTX

gharvin

i went today and looked at the 07 vtx, i assume the 08 is the same. I like it a lot! i think i am going to get one. of course the dealer has no diamond hull's. they also said that they do not come off of msrp...which i think is bs. I have bought a moomba and a supra before out of territory to save money and have had great experiences. I would like to know what can one expect to pay for this boat with standard options like:

racks

base stereo

turndown exhaust

full ballast

power wedge

dual batteries

monsoon engine

I do not think my local dealer is going to come out to my liking on price, are malibu dealers allowed to sell out of territory? anyone know any in the southeast that bargain a little. also anyone know of any 07 vtx's with diamond hulls in the southeast??

They're not supposed to sell out of territory, but there are always ways around that.

There are some rather substantial electronic upgrades from '07 to '08 but the basics of the boat are unchanged.

i went today and looked at the 07 vtx, i assume the 08 is the same. I like it a lot! i think i am going to get one. of course the dealer has no diamond hull's. they also said that they do not come off of msrp...which i think is bs. I have bought a moomba and a supra before out of territory to save money and have had great experiences. I would like to know what can one expect to pay for this boat with standard options like:

racks

base stereo

turndown exhaust

full ballast

power wedge

dual batteries

monsoon engine

I do not think my local dealer is going to come out to my liking on price, are malibu dealers allowed to sell out of territory? anyone know any in the southeast that bargain a little. also anyone know of any 07 vtx's with diamond hulls in the southeast??

I bought an 07 vtx earlier this year and its pretty well loaded. I was not liking the price at first either. I did some shopping and found that the price I was quoted was not that bad by any means. I would expect to see that boat that you are looking for come in at low to mid 60's with a tandem trailer.

Alot of people are under the assumption that because it's a 20 foot boat it should be cheaper than a vlx. I have found that they are just about the same, maybe slightly more because of the "Newness" of the model.

Good luck .

I saw one today at lunch and canoot believe that it the same lenght as my Echelon... Very Impressive IMO..

No Dialmont Hulls in Stock only sv23wake.

But the boat was awesome!!!!

Might go out on a demo in the next couple of weeks.

Nothing like putting some pressure on my buds once in a while...

C-mon...... If the reports are true, that it skis as well as his SSLXI and my Echelon, then whats the problem?

I love the way the boat felt inside... I mean, having nothin on the floor of the boat?? That's been my life for 14+ years.

It was cavernous compared to the Echelon. It's almost impossible for me to comprehend that boat can ski well.

But if it can how can you resist? Right

C-mon...... If the reports are true, that it skis as well as his SSLXI and my Echelon, then whats the problem?

I love the way the boat felt inside... I mean, having nothin on the floor of the boat?? That's been my life for 14+ years.

It was cavernous compared to the Echelon. It's almost impossible for me to comprehend that boat can ski well.

I agree completely. It's a gorgeous boat & they've laid it out nicely. If we hadn't just bought our VLX, we'd have ordered this boat when it came out for '07. But some people just have too many hangups that they can't (or won't) let go of. ;)

I agree completely. It's a gorgeous boat & they've laid it out nicely. If we hadn't just bought our VLX, we'd have ordered this boat when it came out for '07. But some people just have too many hangups that they can't (or won't) let go of. ;)

My only hangup is a boat payment.

Plus1.gif

I have a 2007 vtx Cut Diamond super loaded I will sell you. Mid 50K range. It has 70 Hrs. The only reason I am selling it is I want a VLX for use in Lake Huron which can get pretty rough. PM if you are interested with your email and I can send you some current pics.

Some of us couldn't..... Thumbup.gif

After hearing about the situation in Mdude's case, I was recruited as a team member of the Jessica wants a V drive club. Maybe we should make it the Jessica and NaughtyGirl want V drives club???

Willy, you have PM. Yes.gif

After hearing about the situation in Mdude's case, I was recruited as a team member of the Jessica wants a V drive club. Maybe we should make it the Jessica and NaughtyGirl want V drives club???

I want in the club. I would love to take Mrs Mdude for a test ride in the VTX. He'd be toast after that.

Tease2.gif

GOOD,

I'm glad we got that straight

You know if you end up buying one, it's just going to make that slope for M-dude that much more slippery. :lol:

Eh now what's up w/ dat, that's like throwing me under the bus... Crazy.gif G!!! may be turned but I never will... Innocent.gif

Why make a boat payment when virtually eveyone else has a v-drive in the norcal crew. Then whom would like to take the $50k+ boat for ice? ;)

I want in the club. I would love to take Mrs Mdude for a test ride in the VTX. He'd be toast after that.

Tease2.gif

Justin could also get by with something like our '01 VLX just fine. It's more versatile than it gets credit for. J-Ro was throwing inverts on a borrowed board behind the thing with no tower, and I've run into 28 off with the slalom ski behind the thing. And the VTX looks to be even more versatile yet. Thumbup.gif

Tease2.gif

She's stubborn and won't accept anything other than the VLX......Go ahead and join the club we'll continue to enjoy the elite club of no boat payments! Thumbup.gif The SLXI would bwe lucky to get 20k in it's thrashed condition anyway.