Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What if malibu's didn't exist?

GeorgeWBush

Who is seacond best?  

537 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to buy a boat tomorrow, but it could not be a malibu, what would you buy?

• mastercraft
    • correct craft
    • centurion
    • supra
    • supreme
    • tige
    • mb
    • calabria
    • moomba
    • epic
    • i/o all the way
    • Sanger
    • Gekko
    • Infinity
    • Wakecraft
    • Svfara

I wonder how much the votes for CC and MC are related directly or indirectly due to advertisement.

I've spent a good bit of time in both CC and MC and think they are both well constructed boats. My personality and style better fits the more subdued look of the CC than the bling of the MC.

what is this "subdued" look you speak of in correct crafts?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NorCaliBu

• JohnDoe

• jetskipro550

• 1FootDan

I love my buddies Team air nauti 210 , if it wasn't so small inside I would have bought one in 04. :unsure:

They've really funked them up,if they just made the old Team SAN 210 a little roomier inside.

I think I would just have to bite the bullet and drop some cash with a leg & left arm on a brand new X-Star. They're an awesome boat but definitely not worth the price tag, but I would consider it.

I wonder how much the votes for CC and MC are related directly or indirectly due to advertisement.

Definitely not mine. I like the 196 and MC has become a distant 4th (or 5th) since spending time behind the 197. Pretty boat, but wouldn't want one.

they definitely are pretty and a lot of schools use them.

what comparison can you make from being behind it?

Sanger?? Gekko??

Me too... and probably even if Malibu exists unless they decide to keep the Response (LX) or bring back the Sportster. Or come up with a decent boat for barefooting.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd go Supra. Many of my friends here in Portland have them and I've become a fan. Great wake (though steeper than my Bu), love the interior layout, their bimini option attached to the tower is great. Seems like there are lot of graphics / color pakages to keep them all from looking the same.

I'd go Supra. their bimini option attached to the tower is great

Where else would it attach? ... or is it just that the *WAY* it attaches to the tower that you like?

mb or tige

new nautiques are the worst/ugliest thing to ever hit watersports and there are only a few mastercrafts i feel i could ever justify purchasing.

i will agree with you on the tige. but aparently if we are talking ugly you have not looked at mb Crazy.gif

I've spent a good bit of time in both CC and MC and think they are both well constructed boats. My personality and style better fits the more subdued look of the CC than the bling of the MC.

what is this "subdued" look you speak of in correct crafts?

have you ever tried building a CC there are a lot less color lines. they keep it simple. the 236,soon 230 and 220 have to be the best wb boats on the market. sorry I have to aplaude them with the inovation they had with there interior. while it didnt work so good in the 210, it did in the ones listed above. plus their wakes seem to be steeper, with less weight, which i like

Edited by relentless
  • 4 months later...

For me it the decision depends more on whether or not I am comfortable with and trust the dealer than any specific inboard line. There is more variability in the quality of the dealers out there than there is in the quality of their boats. There are boats in any number of mfgs lineup that I could live comfortably with - if it wasn't a Malibu in my town I'd probably end up with something in the Tige lineup.

Giant SeaDoo all the way..... Rockon.gif

Whistling.gif

Hey - get back to the threads where you belong... isn't there someone asking about what color ski they should get to match their suit or something? Tease2.gif

Giant SeaDoo all the way..... Rockon.gif

Whistling.gif

Hey - get back to the threads where you belong... isn't there someone asking about what color ski they should get to match their suit or something? Tease2.gif

WOW Whistling.gif

Edited by G!!!!!!
A bass boat. Go back to fishing. I was a bass hole befor comming back to skiing.

Correct Craft for me, or im with you on the bass boat (catch a fish or a buzz or both Beer.gif )

Edited by adams93
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a Centurion befor I bought my Bu. Elite v drive 99. It was an excellent boat . had it for seven years no problems very good quality. the only thing I fixed is the foam in a couple seats broke down. Bought my Rlxi for slalom. Looked hard at MB 190 but price was hi. CC 196 price also and wanted a larger boat. The CC 205 wake was not what I was looking for. The Bu was the best wake best bang for the buck.... Thumbup.gif

[/quote

Yah for Fine Line it is a great boat very well built .... I haved owned many and it is one of the best iI have owned yet in 35 years

After lookink at the 2008 line-up, unless Malibu comes back with a decent barefoot boat in 2009, my next boat is a Sanger.

I've got two friends that just put money down on Bu's. One that owned 2 X-Stars back to back and another that owned 2 SAN's back to back. Both are hooking up with INCREDIBLE (and I mean incredible) deals on 23 LSV's. Yahoo.gif

It'd be hari-kiri Crazy.gif

Seriously, there are not too many brands/models that provide a decently good slalom wake in a v-drive. I have not tried the CC model they claim is their cross-over. So that would be on the list, along with Calabria V2, Sanger and possibly, a direct drive (thats how people used to ski and wakeboard in the old days) Tease2.gif I have also heard, but not tried the MC X2 is good for x-over.

Edited by TheBlackPearl
  • 4 months later...
Yamaha AR230 High Output Wakeboarding Boat.

Cuz when I think of wakeboarding, I think of Yamaha :)

ar230ho_hero_w2z7962_v2_7b59149a.jpg

LOL, I HAD money down on the 212x.....note I said had! POS, loud as hell and you need a captain to run the thing so you can yell/conversate with the passengers and still keep it going straight!

I think if Malibu wasn't an option - like all the used ones mysteriously self-destructed - it would have to be a Nordhavn for me but that wasn't an option so I voted CC.