Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A decent tube

Helinut

Heya,

I'm looking for a good quality tube to pull my little monsters and adults from time to time. I bought the one from Costco that seats three but i don't think I want to use it since it's so freaking big. I was looking at the HO Extreme tube and though it might fit the bill. It's still a bit big, but at least you can lay down on it whereas the Costco tube is only for sitting in.

Ideas? The molecule is cool, but a bit too much money.

We now have the three seater Costco tube (SeaDoo) and my 7 year old likes it, but prior to this one we had a "Bonzai" tube that looks like a "taco" which alllowed the rider to lay down or sit up (without a seat) by using the handles that ran all the way around the top. (We also liked the Bonzai because it made a good lounge chair when not being pulled)

I think SportStuff sells the "bonzai" and another mfg in Overton's calls the same tube the "Rampage". These are built for two riders but they make larger (3 & 4 person) or smaller (1 person) if you don't like the size of the 3 person SeaDoo tube.

Mook

Note: I think the Bonzai set us back $99 when Costco sold it in 2005, but Overton's is selling the Rampage in the $200 range.

Edited by mook222

We have the HO Dragon and it works pretty well for two people. You can typically find it for $100 - $120 and the size is small enough to not be too objectionable...

I'm not too big on tubes in gereral but.... If I were, I'd buy this bad boy. 8 cupholders, a spot for the 50 quart cooler. Who could ask for more? It's probably a little too big according to the OP but who cares?

Heya,

I'm looking for a good quality tube to pull my little monsters and adults from time to time. I bought the one from Costco that seats three but i don't think I want to use it since it's so freaking big. I was looking at the HO Extreme tube and though it might fit the bill. It's still a bit big, but at least you can lay down on it whereas the Costco tube is only for sitting in.

Not only that, it is huge - way bigger than the Costco three seater. The Big Mable is also incredibly huge.

I had an HO Extreme in the past and had it split near the Boston valve. I have had two of the HO Solo X's for the past 4 years. They have been through several high school Houseboat Camps and are still in great shape. They are not as big as the Extreme, but will easily hold two people. They will hold 3 if they are not big people. I think the Dragon mentioned above is basically the same tube.

Heya,

Not only that, it is huge - way bigger than the Costco three seater. The Big Mable is also incredibly huge.

I had an HO Extreme in the past and had it split near the Boston valve. I have had two of the HO Solo X's for the past 4 years. They have been through several high school Houseboat Camps and are still in great shape. They are not as big as the Extreme, but will easily hold two people. They will hold 3 if they are not big people. I think the Dragon mentioned above is basically the same tube.

The Big Mable is only two person. Not so big.
We have the HO Dragon and it works pretty well for two people. You can typically find it for $100 - $120 and the size is small enough to not be too objectionable...

I'll second that, are kids just love it.

...but at least you can lay down on it...

We have the O'Brien Super Screamer and our neighbor has 2 HO Extremes. There are a lot of good tubes out there, just make sure you go with one you can lay down on rather that the sit-in kind.

Click here for a few tube shots. You can't do this on a sit-in tube...

http://picasaweb.google.com/clayhorsley/Sk...gAndBarefooting

Edited by Clay

We had an HO tube that the ink would run when it got wet. We now only use this tube in the surf when we go to the beach. We have always had good luck with Sportsstuff and O'Brien.

Airhead Slice.. round, flat, simple.. it isn't so big that you have to inflate it before coming to the lake, and then haul it around with you all day long - what is the deal with that anyway. I couldn't believe how many people were headed to the lake with the inflatables inflated.. :lol:

I'm not too big on tubes in gereral but.... If I were, I'd buy this bad boy. 8 cupholders, a spot for the 50 quart cooler. Who could ask for more? It's probably a little too big according to the OP but who cares?

Plus1.gif it matches the color of my boat too

Connelly's "Wing 2" tude is my favorite to pull. It's small enough to be agile and it really screams across the wake. Do a good figure 8 while pulling this and you can get two full size kids in the air from wake to wake. It's fairly stable too, so you can give the kids a good fun pull, without losing them all the time. Don't get me wrong, wipeouts are awesome (and you can definitely still "create" them with this one), but when you're out there on the tube, it's so much more fun to get big air and do fast whips while staying on the tube.

In my experience, those big tubes are lots of fun too, but they flip rather easy once you start doing "fun" manuvers with the boat.

Wing-Two-top.jpg