Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer carpet

Although my trailer is fairly new (I have an '06 malibu) there are some bare spots where the carpet on the trailer bunks have worn through. My priorities are (1) don't damage the boat; (2) don't damage the trailer; (3) minimize repair time during boating season. I'm thinking of getting some replacement carpeting and wrapping it around the bunks and tacking it up from the bottom. I'll probably use some glue too.

1) What kind of carpet do I get? I assume there's some sort of indoor/outdoor carpet.

2) Anyone have problems or suggestions?

Thanks.

Although my trailer is fairly new (I have an '06 malibu) there are some bare spots where the carpet on the trailer bunks have worn through. My priorities are (1) don't damage the boat; (2) don't damage the trailer; (3) minimize repair time during boating season. I'm thinking of getting some replacement carpeting and wrapping it around the bunks and tacking it up from the bottom. I'll probably use some glue too.

1) What kind of carpet do I get? I assume there's some sort of indoor/outdoor carpet.

Thanks.

I did mine last summer for the first time. I replaced all the 2x4's aswell. I got treated 2x4's and cut & drilled to match the old ones. You can buy carpet specifically used for trailer bunks at most boating stores and online. It fits around a 2x4 perfectly. I think I paid around $40 for enough to do all 4 bunks. I also sprayed the inside with 3M waterproof glue before stapling the new carpet on. Took a few hours for the whole thing. Quite easy to do.

I must say too that after looking at a friends trailer on his brand new 247 I did a much better job than the people who build the trailers.

Edited by Arkid

I just replaced mine with carpet very similar to the original that I got from Lowes. The boards were good so I just pulled the old carpet and staples and replaced the carpet and secured with stainless staples and an electric staple gun.

Thanks.

I have and 06 on an Extreme trailer and when I took delivery I noticed the carpet looked kinda bare in spots, so I pointed this out to the sales rep. A few weeks later a role of new carpet showed up in the mail...you might call your sales guy and ask, never know what they will do for you?