Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My new 2008 Wakesetter VLX!

Trentster

So how does that discussion go at the dinner table.....

Mike: Dad, I'm pissed you spent your hard-earned money to buy a brand new Malibu.

Dad: But Mike, your mom and I always wanted you to grow up to be Mike d Wakeboarder.

Mike: Dad, I am all that on the internet, but I gotta have an 08....

GMAFB

ROFL.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike d Wakeboarder

• Trentster

• skicrave

• edwin

Back on topic...

I'm not a huge fan of the windshield, but the changes highlighted in the article sound pretty cool, especially the programmed ballast settings and LCD switches. I wonder what the price increase will be from the 07's?

Now why is it that we are a Malibu (not sponsored) web site:Ranting: and we don't have inside information for Paid members only?

I mean, we can keep a secret, Whistling.gif right Mike, Stewart Thumbup.gif

So how does that discussion go at the dinner table.....

Mike: Dad, I'm pissed you spent your hard-earned money to buy a brand new Malibu.

Dad: But Mike, your mom and I always wanted you to grow up to be Mike d Wakeboarder.

Mike: Dad, I am all that on the internet, but I gotta have an 08....

GMAFB

No kidding! Dad isn't doing him any favors, Mike's inevitable face plant into real life is going to hurt!

No kidding! Dad isn't doing him any favors, Mike's inevitable face plant into real life is going to hurt!

Some day, MdW will look back and thank the bu crew for telling him the way the real world operates...

Some day, MdW will look back and thank the bu crew for telling him the way the real world operates...

..or maybe he won't Tease.gif

Allright- the cats finally out of the bag!

This is how it was explained to me- The VLX will look the same this year! It doesn't get it's make-over just yet- maybe next year. Same windshield, dash, gel schemes, etc. The only thing that is different is the new graphics, driver's seat, computer, and switches. The new graphics will basically be the core graphics that say "wakesetter" with a fancy "M" in the middle (sorry I don't have a picture). The Malibu emblems on the back are also bigger. Not sure if the tribal graphics will be available or not. My boat will also have the new seat, and new stereo. The arm-rest where the stereo has been is now gone, so if you are adding a stereo it is recommended that the glove box be used. The JVC head-unit is stamped "Malibu." The head-unit will be in the OB storage compartment and the face will be integrated in the dash where the switches have gone in the past. In fact it will match the switches on the other side. The face plate in the aisle is a remote for the observer. The Rockford speakers and amps will remain the same, but the packages for ordering have been simplified. The stereo will be satelite ready with a 1GB thumb drive and an IPOD control. There will be NO CD PLAYER unless you get the optional 6 disc changer. The hammerhead gets the ETX CATS. The new tower is not available on the VLX - only the new 23 and 247. There are two new "sparkly" gel coat colors. One is from the anniversary boat last year, and the other I believe is a darker gray or black. No diesel engine yet! Rockon.gif

well i actualy know how the real world is. i have a job every summer. i work with this guy who installs carpet, i i know for $8 an hour that it is a lot of work, so i some what know how the real world works.

Allright- the cats finally out of the bag!

This is how it was explained to me- The VLX will look the same this year! It doesn't get it's make-over just yet- maybe next year. Same windshield, dash, gel schemes, etc. The only thing that is different is the new graphics, driver's seat, computer, and switches. The new graphics will basically be the core graphics that say "wakesetter" with a fancy "M" in the middle (sorry I don't have a picture). The Malibu emblems on the back are also bigger. Not sure if the tribal graphics will be available or not. My boat will also have the new seat, and new stereo. The arm-rest where the stereo has been is now gone, so if you are adding a stereo it is recommended that the glove box be used. The JVC head-unit is stamped "Malibu." The head-unit will be in the OB storage compartment and the face will be integrated in the dash where the switches have gone in the past. In fact it will match the switches on the other side. The face plate in the aisle is a remote for the observer. The Rockford speakers and amps will remain the same, but the packages for ordering have been simplified. The stereo will be satelite ready with a 1GB thumb drive and an IPOD control. There will be NO CD PLAYER unless you get the optional 6 disc changer. The hammerhead gets the ETX CATS. The new tower is not available on the VLX - only the new 23 and 247. There are two new "sparkly" gel coat colors. One is from the anniversary boat last year, and the other I believe is a darker gray or black. No diesel engine yet! Rockon.gif

Although it seems clear in your message I wanted to be sure I understood correctly - Will the rocker switches be replaced with the graphic panels? Will they actally fit on the old style dash (which I prefer)? I'm actually happy to hear the windshield isn't changing.

Yes the switches will be replaced in all of the boats except the ride series as I understand it.

we have his conversation every year...

I'd love to see the history from here and W$R when we all rant about the same things every year.

Although it seems clear in your message I wanted to be sure I understood correctly - Will the rocker switches be replaced with the graphic panels? Will they actally fit on the old style dash (which I prefer)? I'm actually happy to hear the windshield isn't changing.

Are you saying you prefer the rocking switches? Give us a call.

i wonder if it would be possible to get the new switches in a 07.

Sure, anything is possible, but cost wise you'd probably be better off just upgrading to a 2008. This, like the Power Wedge, definitely will not be a cost effective modification.

This, like the Power Wedge, definitely will not be a cost effective modification.

Is anything with these boats "cost effective"? Tongue.gif

Shawn

The stereo is no longer located on the driver's side, it is now in the walk-thru accessory panel cubby hole on the driver's side to the bow of the boat....not sure I like that, altho it is more accessable to everyone in the boat, and it does look pretty neat in there. I guess what I would rather have is the stereo to stay where it is (like my '07) and just have a built in remote in the accessory cubby. I don't care for the looks of the '08 instrument panel at all compared to our '07. All the gauges have a pop out look to them. The new tower is "ok", but didn't knock my socks off. I think really the only thing that I did like was the walk-thru at the back of the boat, but again, it is something I can live without. I personally like the looks of my '07 hands down to the new '08 model.

I don't care for the looks of the '08 instrument panel at all compared to our '07. All the gauges have a pop out look to them.

I personally like the looks of my '07 hands down to the new '08 model.

I'm with you.

The new dash looks like it came from a bus.

I think i'll wait for the 2010 model to come out.

well i actualy know how the real world is. i have a job every summer. i work with this guy who installs carpet, i i know for $8 an hour that it is a lot of work, so i some what know how the real world works.

Mike you are probably a good kid and you must come from a family that has some money. The problem is when you post that you should have waited for an 08 or got this and that it seems like your bragging a bit. It would be different if you were actually paying for your boat out of your pocket, a trustfund is not out of your pocket, then some of your comments would just come off as being a proud owner. I work the summer also...I also get work winter, fall, and spring..when my work is really generous I don't take my vacation and work 6 days a week. I am not raggin on you but got to admit I am jealous.

Mike you are probably a good kid and you must come from a family that has some money. The problem is when you post that you should have waited for an 08 or got this and that it seems like your bragging a bit. It would be different if you were actually paying for your boat out of your pocket, a trustfund is not out of your pocket, then some of your comments would just come off as being a proud owner. I work the summer also...I also get work winter, fall, and spring..when my work is really generous I don't take my vacation and work 6 days a week. I am not raggin on you but got to admit I am jealous.

i understand what you mean

Ok, time to leave Mike alone. I must admit, you have taken all of the criticism in stride in this thread. Most 15yr olds would have flown off the handle and posted something not so nice (matter of fact, most 30 yr olds would have too). That shows maturity. Good for you.

Ok, time to leave Mike alone. I must admit, you have taken all of the criticism in stride in this thread. Most 15yr olds would have flown off the handle and posted something not so nice (matter of fact, most 30 yr olds would have too). That shows maturity. Good for you.

thanks alot, now we will end the subject and get back on topic of that nice new 08 VLX

No doubt, well said. The guy is showing a little more class than the people dogging on him. Enough already.

thanks alot, now we will end the subject and get back on topic of that nice new 08 VLX

Gladly, although I'd rather talk about the Vette. Rockon.gif

Gladly, although I'd rather talk about the Vette. Rockon.gif

Me too, unfortunately there's not much to talk about right now. :(

Hopefully that will change soon!