Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 rear seat speaker pod ??????

goochy

We thought that if we did not get 6 speakers , we would have a full rear seat wall . We got the factory pics and the rear seat wall has a place for 2 speakers and a remote . I would have ordered the factory set up if I knew that speaker pod was going to be there. I do not like the way it looked in the pics. Anybody got any pics of rear speaker pod without speakers ? what could I do to make it look better ? Buy 2 more speakers ???

post-227-1182873087_thumb.jpg

Buy 2 more speakers. The mounting area is just going to be a big piece of plastic, with indents where the speakers and remote would have been.

I am surprised that they don't offer an option to just get vinyl there and cover the entertainment center up Crazy.gif

Dontknow.gif I need a close up pic. I think it looks like crap ( but have not seen up close ) . I wanted a rear seat with NO speaker pod . :(

All I have is one with the speakers....

post-28-1182874719_thumb.jpg

post-28-1182874856_thumb.jpg

Edited by stewart

Looking at the picture closer, they cut out the holes already in the plastic, which means they intend to put speakers there, whether you ordered them or not,

i agree, thats why i just got the extra speakers, call and change, before it is too late.

With the VLX you only get rear speakers with the 8 speaker option. That may just be a template they put there. My new boat has a pull down padded flap with cup houlders behind it. It gives you a full rear seat. Not sure if the LSV is different though?

the 06 lsv had the cup holders there. i wanted speakers there on my 07 vlx but i just got one that was at the dealer, but i thought that the only VLX that has speakers there is the silver edition.

the 06 lsv had the cup holders there. i wanted speakers there on my 07 vlx but i just got one that was at the dealer, but i thought that the only VLX that has speakers there is the silver edition.

Mike you are definitely right that the SE has the speakers there. However, I think that is the only place left to put them if you get the eight speaker stereo option? The tower speakers don't count towards that total but I'm guessing most know that already.

my '07 LSV has the entertainment Center there. That is what they call it. I thought too that you could get the flip down cup holder instead? It looks like they actually goofed and not only installed the entertainment center, but cutout the plastic to install speakers, you can see in the picture that on the plastic, the 5 1/2" holes are cutout, and they are getting ready to mount speakers.

It's not possible to get 8 speakers from the factory on a 2007 VLX. The picture above is of a 23, which will always have speakers in the entertainment console if you ordered a stereo from the factory. The two extra speakers are installed in front of the beverage bays on each side of the boat.

So if you ordered an LSV (which is sounds like you did NOT), then there will be speakers installed in the rear entertainment console. If you ordered a VLX (which is sounds like you did, based on the fact that you'll only have 4 speakers), then your boat will have the flip down cupholders in the back.

SORRY its a 2007 LSV 23 foot . Ordered 4 speakers with NO head unit and NO amps. I wanted NO speakers or plastic piece there. LarryS found me 2 NEW Fosgate speakers for $51.90 to my door ,off e bay. So I guess I'll be putting in 2 more speakers now. I have 4 speakers now , 2 windshield and 2 on the sides . I did not want 6 speakers , but now I have to.

Gotcha! Be forewarned that you'll need an amp if you want to run those 6 speakers, and you'll also need to order two new plastic inserts that go behind the speakers in the rear entertainment console to separate them from the engine compartment.

I have said this 2 times, but I will say it again. Goochy, check on your order, before you buy speakers. They already cut out the holes in the rear console. They would have left the plastic solid, and not cut out the plastic unless they were installing speakers. They left the cutout for the remote solid, indicating they aren't installing the remote, but are installing speakers.

to late speakers ordered $51.90 to door. I only ordered 4 speakers !!!! when I placed my order . 2 in dash and 2 in wall , NO amps , No head unit . If they put 6 speakers in , they will be FREE , because I am not paying for them . I will find out Thursday !!!! Biggrin.gif

How does it sit there with that in your back ? Is it comfortable ? Can you feel the speakers poking you in the your back ? Never seen or sat there before .

How does it sit there with that in your back ? Is it comfortable ? Can you feel the speakers poking you in the your back ? Never seen or sat there before .

My wife was concerned about the entertainment center at first. If you sit there it is not that bad, obviously not as nice as all vinyl, but tolerable. The speakers really don't seem to grind into you or anything. The real plus is if you get the remote, it makes the ent. center worth it. Music also seems to fill the boat better since you've got the dash speakers, side speakers and now rear speakers.

One more thing, it is a bear to install the remote after the fact, if you are considering it at all, Git-R-Done at the factory.

Thanks for info , I have a Alpine wireless remote. I am going to have one remote for driver and one for rear of boat . I went with Alpine , because its a true wireless ( works anywhere in boat ) and it was only $100.00 and the 2 nd remote is ONLY $40.00 !! Going to bolt it to the round hole where the sony would go. The Alpine has a remote holder that it "clips " into .

Thanks for info , I have a Alpine wireless remote. I am going to have one remote for driver and one for rear of boat . I went with Alpine , because its a true wireless ( works anywhere in boat ) and it was only $100.00 and the 2 nd remote is ONLY $40.00 !! Going to bolt it to the round hole where the sony would go. The Alpine has a remote holder that it "clips " into .

Sweet, got pic's or link?