Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Aftermarket Illusion X tower

OnlyInboards

Has anyone bought and/or installed an Illusion X tower on their Malibu? My neighbor has an '05 23 LSV and want's to get the Illusion X tower. His dealer quoted him 5k which i thought seemed high. Any help would be appreciated.

Yep. I bought one several months ago and will be installing it tomorrow. There is another thread going about how to install it. I was able to find someone who wanted to sell thiers, so I was able to get it for cheap - but shipping was a bear.

5K is steep for just a tower - but if it includes instalation, racks, speakers, lights..etc, than you could easily go over 5K for the whole set up.

cool. I just got quoted 3300 for the tower only. Is the quick fold down assist option worth it? Not sure what he called it but it was 200 bucks extra. Keep me posted on the install.

cool. I just got quoted 3300 for the tower only. Is the quick fold down assist option worth it? Not sure what he called it but it was 200 bucks extra. Keep me posted on the install.

If you put your tower up and down a good amount, yes. It makes the tower a bit lighter. If you leave it up 24/7, then it's not really worth it. Although it might help for resale value.

Has anyone bought and/or installed an Illusion X tower on their Malibu? My neighbor has an '05 23 LSV and want's to get the Illusion X tower. His dealer quoted him 5k which i thought seemed high. Any help would be appreciated.

FWIW, I had an Illusion X installed on my '06 21 LSV last August for approx. $3200. With Bimini and tax, it was

over $4100 IIRC. No lights or speakers.

Check with another dealer. The dealership that installed my tower wanted $1200 less than

the quote from the dealership from which I bought the boat!

Also, unless things have changed since last summer, you can't get the springs [for the fold down assist] on

a boat that has left the factory. As I understand it, those springs are mounted before the deck is seated.