Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

02 Vinyl

actionadd

I have a 02 VLX and the perferated vinyl is ripping at the seam, not the stiching but the vinyl in ripping, has anyone else had this problem? and what have you done to fix it.

I contacted Malibu and was told to go to my dealer, they could do nothing for me. The Warrenty on the vinly is 5 years and my boat is still under the warrenty period.

This perferated vinyle is junk, rips and the perferations get glogged with dirt you can't get out. Mad.gif

Malibu told me last year they would sell be the skin, but custermer service did not offer it this time.

I had the same problem with my 01. All the seats started spliting at the seams. The bottom of one of the seats broke in two. My dealer replaced all the seat cushions. I am curious flip your cushion over is the bottom white or black? My boat seats came with white plastic on the bottoms and my dealer said they were having problems with them breaking. Also he said they (Malibu) had gotten a bad batch of vinyl. So they replaced the intire cushions. Haven't had any problems since.