Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Reasonable board shorts?
My wife handles this line of board shorts. I have several pair and they have held up well. I am told that you will be reimbursed if you give a review. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01B52IQT8/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1472558104&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=dahui&dpPl=1&dpID=51iglOuQuIL&ref=plSrch
Help me pick another surf rope
11 hours ago, vanamp said:
Too many stories floating around of missing fingers from not using a surf rope. I would not risk it.
only if you're stupid enough to coil a too long rope. Shorten it to the proper length and there is 0 chance of missing digits. + for the ultra weak, the handle is big enough to place two hands on the handle, the drop the back hand.
Swim deck splash
Minimal difference. that little space only relieves a little pressure. The amount of water force coming up through that opening, think about that spread across your whole deck.
Swim deck splash
Would the pressure not be the same if not greater, if you seal the space between the boat and the platform?
Done with my echelon! vapor lock
Well, here we are again. The ski team has chosen not to take the Echelon on. Long story, half the board wanted it but slightly more than half did not, they would rather stick with our rickety '89 Hydrodyne twin (that needs 2 new engines and eventually stringers). I bought the Echy from Powderjay on the recommendation from a few guys from the team that it would be a good move, but that did not work out.. I still swear it's a better move than the Hydrodyne, but the Hydro is kind of the tried & proven boat of choice for show ski teams, so I get it. And I'm a newbie on the team, so maybe there is something I'm missing and the Hydro is a better boat.
So the Echy is back on the block for $6.5k for the first buyer, and I am going to list it on Craigslist for $7.5k. I have about 40 hours of time into it with an acid wash, full buff and polish, carpet shampoo, replacing engine hinges, gas springs, mounts, poles for the cover, etc. It pulls VERY strong, and is overall a very good boat.
On to the vapor lock issues - I don't think it is vapor lock. Here is what it has done:
- Starts well and idles well
- Gets up to speed well, WOT, varying speeds no problem, 15-20 minutes of running great.
- Shut it down, and will not start back up
- When turning over, vapor puffs come out of the flame arrestor. Will not start.
- Push throttle wide open, turn over and it starts
- When running it bogs down, like limp mode, occasional backfire/pop thru intake
- Eventually, after maybe running for 1/4 throttle, it runs great again
- Does this consistently
Thoughts? Full pump/filter?
For full disclosure, anyone taking it on, here is what I know that it needs:
- Pylon has some play. I tightened down the nut and bolt under the floor, but the play is still there.
- Rudder has some prop burn on it
- Last night a brake line came loose on the trailer
- Steering wheel has some play in it, like the tilt mechanism has worn. Not terrible, but not tight.
- Needs a larger battery
- Solution to the engine restart/bog issue
- Dirtyred (44 years old),
- Malibuzer (45 years old),
- riderite ,
- StarOneWake (33 years old),
- jbower (32 years old),
- Malibujules99 (47 years old),
- Nobodyrides4Free (55 years old)
Who's Online 66 Members, 0 Anonymous, 70 Guests (See full list)
- That Guy
- River Monsters
- 85 Barefoot
- Michigan boarder
- Lake Koronis
- t a
- G Spot
Most OnlineNewest Member
Joined 08/29/2016 10:53 PM