Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Got Wedge?

WakeGirl

Looks they didn't have to drill new holes for the new wedge bracket? It looks like there was a gap above your old bracket, but now it's real minimal since the floating bracket is larger and includes the horizontal piece on top.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• jetskipro550

• WaveMake'nLSV

• db252

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks they didn't have to drill new holes for the new wedge bracket? It looks like there was a gap above your old bracket, but now it's real minimal since the floating bracket is larger and includes the horizontal piece on top.

Nope, it bolted straight up with no problems at all. Slider actually did it with no help & had no real problems. The old nuts spun off with the help of a wrench that he wedged in on the bolt heads to keep them from spinning. The old wedge came off super easy & using the wedged wrench once again, he was able to put each nut right back on. The backing plate on the inside was so stuck in place that he didn't try taking it off to put the new one on, they're identical with the exception of the old one being black & the new one being SS. So yeah, there were no issues at all with our boat. I'm going to try to take some measurements & do a direct comparison while I've got both brackets to see if there's any difference with regard to distances of the holes to the edges that could affect whether or not the new bracket would mount up to any boat. As for performance, I'm going to start a new thread on that because it's something that will be an ongoing thing throughout this season, & ultimately since there's so little known about the floater I'd like to have a thread dedicated to its known (not speculated) performance.