Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

It's Official................

68Slalom

Perhaps a good GPS for the boat would be in order...lest you find yourself lost in the Delta (whatever that is...we have lakes)

Actually that may not be a bad idea, the Delta! Well it's the best water for skiing you will ever find at any given time of the day in certain spots due to so many small forks and arms that branch off from each other. Water is not the best quality as far as how clean it is but, what really is important is glass right....try the google map just a few posts up and you can see for youself. Let me know if you can make anything out, (LOL) inside joke I quess. But it was featured in WBM (Wake Boarding Magazine) as I mentioned above before, that it was considered one of the best places for ski and boarding.

Well, I'm off home. I have spent the whole day on the board reading and learning, I'm just glad that no one else here at work reads this stuff or they would know how much I'm not getting done.

Good Day

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 68Slalom

• stewart

• SacRiverRat

• Birm

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tony..

Glad to see you enlisted into the ranks. I know you at least know where Orwood is where we will probably be hooking up especially for the Demo Day you were talking about. I too would like to get out and see the B&W area that Stewart goes out at, and possibly meet him and others that frequent that area as well cause I'm not as comfortable with that area but would like to check it out. We'll have to get you a Delta map that also shows everywhere out there. I think Stewart said he worked in Hayward and I do also so I will definately do a drive by when it's convienant for the both of us. Hurry up and get that thing in the water.

Dave

would love to meet you out on the 5th too Dave.. we'd be happy to show you what the area is all about

Water is not the best quality as far as how clean it is

Dude, have you seen some of the water the TX guys ride in, or in FL.. makes the delta look pristine, and we don't have anything that'll eatcha after you fall in ;)

Hey Tony..

Glad to see you enlisted into the ranks. I know you at least know where Orwood is where we will probably be hooking up especially for the Demo Day you were talking about. I too would like to get out and see the B&W area that Stewart goes out at, and possibly meet him and others that frequent that area as well cause I'm not as comfortable with that area but would like to check it out. We'll have to get you a Delta map that also shows everywhere out there. I think Stewart said he worked in Hayward and I do also so I will definately do a drive by when it's convienant for the both of us. Hurry up and get that thing in the water.

Dave

would love to meet you out on the 5th too Dave.. we'd be happy to show you what the area is all about

Actually, I just finished posting to the site you started about that and we are planning on attending if the schedule works which I can't see any problem. Read that post for the details.

Thanks again.

here is a link to Viera's Resort http://vieiras95641.tripod.com we will be launching from there, so map to that address. Once you launch head NE up river about 1 mile and SacRiverRats house will be on the island to the left.

What gym? 24 at Bayfair?

I hate to admit this...........it used to be the old Gold's Gym in the Southland Mall, I was a member when they first opened up in this really small building off of Hesperian Blvd. now a Furniture store. An eastern company called Planet Fitness took over and really messed everything up but the fees are only $10 a month, so for a few extra machines missing and aside from not having dumbells over 60lbs it's not to bad. Most of the people that joined because it was cheap don't go anymore so the gym isn't really packed with people just kind of walking around looking and sitting on the equipment.

Yeah, I was a member there as well. Last year, I started training with a guy out of 24 in San Ramon, so I dropped the Golds membership. I get fliers for Planet Fitness, but never went to check it out.

My buddy moved, so now I try and hit 24 in Bayfair every once in a while on the way home. Not a bad gym, not as nice overall as Planet, and definitely a little more crowded. And yes they have barbells over 40#'s :lol: I have a friend who works out at Bally's near Bayfair and he likes it. The 24 in San Ramon, is the best. Its near 24's corporate offices, so they keep it up. :)

The sacramento river flows all the way to the Bay... it is part of the delta (where the delta starts is hard to define)

Knights landing is North of Sacramento.. didn't we go over this? Tease2.gif Check out the map I attached in your April 28 thread

When I mean the Delta Tongue.gif I mean like Tower Park, Orwood.

Ah, the Delta. When I mean Delta, I mean the fresh smell of Napalm in the morning, the pop-pop-pop of 50 Cal machine gun fire cutting through the balmy air, and the scream of RPG rounds overhead. Nothing like the Mekong Delta. Crazy.gif J/K Tony. I know what you mean about "your Delta definition". I rarely venture north of the Tower Park area myself, and primarily launch off of 8 mile road in Stockton. One of my goals this year is to better learn the Delta, and to explore the Delta North of HWY 12. There are alot of crew members here that frequent the Delta and are a good source of info regarding good places to launch and ride. I plan on hitting them up for some tips this year.

The sacramento river flows all the way to the Bay... it is part of the delta (where the delta starts is hard to define)

Knights landing is North of Sacramento.. didn't we go over this? Tease2.gif Check out the map I attached in your April 28 thread

Ah, the Delta. When I mean Delta, I mean the fresh smell of Napalm in the morning, the pop-pop-pop of 50 Cal machine gun fire cutting through the balmy air, and the scream of RPG rounds overhead. Nothing like the Mekong Delta. Crazy.gif J/K Tony. I know what you mean about "your Delta definition". I rarely venture north of the Tower Park area myself, and primarily launch off of 8 mile road in Stockton. One of my goals this year is to better learn the Delta, and to explore the Delta North of HWY 12. There are alot of crew members here that frequent the Delta and are a good source of info regarding good places to launch and ride. I plan on hitting them up for some tips this year.

Birm, there is a screamin deal of HB @ Kings Island Marina. A 56' Fun Country in a slip next to the bridge.....

Birm, there is a screamin deal of HB @ Kings Island Marina. A 56' Fun Country in a slip next to the bridge.....

What should we do about that Rockon.gif Are you talking for a camping weekend now, I don't know very much about camping on the Delta. We normally do Berryessa, Lake McClure, Don Pedro, etc. It would be nice to set up a three day camping trip once I get to know my way around this area more.

Stewart, not that I'm in the market, but do you have a link for the ad. I'd be interested in taking a look. Some of those boats over there are pretty shabby!

Stewart, not that I'm in the market, but do you have a link for the ad. I'd be interested in taking a look. Some of those boats over there are pretty shabby!

Its down to $94,500 and I know they will take less... LINK

The covered slip is available and it is next to the bridge, just yards from where everyone boards around the island... Plus since its on the end, it looks like a boat could be tied up on the dock next to it.

We were interested, its just a little far for us to drive......

The covered slip is available and it is next to the bridge, just yards from where everyone boards around the island... Plus since its on the end, it looks like a boat could be tied up on the dock next to it.

This may be quite interesting, wouldn't this be considered a second home and a tax right off. This between two buyers could be a really good deal, could also be used as a rental with the proper management team. Does anyone know how big a boat has to be to be considered a house, we had a guy here at work buy one and he mentioned it had to be a certain length or had to sleep so many people but he isn't here today to ask him?

Edited by 68Slalom

That HB is pretty sweet. Any idea on how much it cost per month to moor it? If I were a bachelor, I would be all over that! How about a group buy...official NorCal MalibuCrew House boat! Rockon.gif

Edited by Birm

That HB is pretty sweet. Any idea on how much it cost per month to moor it? If I were a bachelor, I would be all over that! How about a group buy...official NorCal MalibuCrew House boat! Rockon.gif

The slip is $500/month.

It could be considered a second home for tax purposes, all you need is a bathroom and kitchen.

The slip is $500/month.

It could be considered a second home for tax purposes, all you need is a bathroom and kitchen.

OK, here is the plan. Two people buy the boat, you hire a tour guide and make it a business so even the slip is a right off, the tour guide only works during the week and has weekends off so the boat is free every weekend. The boat payment is paid for and it doesn't cost anyone a penny, now all we need are customers to fill the schedule 5 days a week. If it was only that simple Yahoo.gif

Alright.. but no way Tony gets to be the tour guide.. he has already demonstrated his map skills :lol:

LMFAO, I'll vote for that too.

Dude, have you seen some of the water the TX guys ride in, or in FL.. makes the delta look pristine, and we don't have anything that'll eatcha after you fall in ;)

Now you know why people from FL ski so well....we're afraid to fall in the water Whistling.gif:)

Now you know why people from FL ski so well....we're afraid to fall in the water Whistling.gif:)

ROFL.gif

The slip is $500/month.

Yes.gif

The slip is $500/month.

OK, here is the plan. Two people buy the boat, you hire a tour guide and make it a business so even the slip is a right off, the tour guide only works during the week and has weekends off so the boat is free every weekend. The boat payment is paid for and it doesn't cost anyone a penny, now all we need are customers to fill the schedule 5 days a week. If it was only that simple Yahoo.gif

Fractional ownership. Get 4 parties to each kick in $25K for the purchase with any balance going to an escrow account. Each party pays $250 per month for the slip, maintenance, insurance and monthly (bi-monthly in the summer) cleaning services. Each party gets the boat for 13 weeks a year for their own use (can't rent it out to others who would inevitably trash it). That's all there is too it. Amortized over 1 year, for 13 weeks of HB use, your cost would be $28K, or $2154 per week you used it. Over 2 years your total cost would be $31K or$1,193 per week you used it. 3 year total cost would be $34K would be $872 per week you used it. And after 4 years your total cost would be $37K or $712 per total weeks used. After 4 years the agreement would be to sell the boat, or if all parties unanimously agreed, to renew the agreement.

LMAO, that's a good one.

I actually felt something rub on my leg once one time (and it wasn't a log or branch) I felt the scale and the tail rub on me, I estimate is was probably about 2 ft max but at the time I imagined it to be about 8 ft and I feaked out, I wasn't even ready to get up and I said go "GO" never thought I was going to get up almost had my arms pulled off but I thought I could scare it away with all the water movement and me screaming. It took much more courage to get in the water after that, the set ups were very, very quick for the next few weeks until the fear was gone.

The slip is $500/month.

Fractional ownership. Get 4 parties to each kick in $25K for the purchase with any balance going to an escrow account. Each party pays $250 per month for the slip, maintenance, insurance and monthly (bi-monthly in the summer) cleaning services. Each party gets the boat for 13 weeks a year for their own use (can't rent it out to others who would inevitably trash it). That's all there is too it. Amortized over 1 year, for 13 weeks of HB use, your cost would be $28K, or $2154 per week you used it. Over 2 years your total cost would be $31K or$1,193 per week you used it. 3 year total cost would be $34K would be $872 per week you used it. And after 4 years your total cost would be $37K or $712 per total weeks used. After 4 years the agreement would be to sell the boat, or if all parties unanimously agreed, to renew the agreement.

I see you put some time into these calculations, I wish I could afford the 4 years but I was thinking more like two peole (friends at first, if you know what I mean when a deal goes bad and the friendship is over) and get a loan for about 15 years. For a rough figure it would be more like $400 per month plus the slip fees, so around $650 per month and you get it half of the year instead of 13 weeks. Not that I would want to do this, but for people with interest I really don't think that is a bad deal.

The slip is $500/month.

Nicely done Brim.. and those costs assume the HB is worthless at the end of the time.. If you factor that the HB would depreciate 10 or 15%/yr the cost would be much less

Now I just have to find 4 parties that I'd trust to share a HB with Crazy.gifInnocent.gifWhistling.gif