Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HOURS PER SEASON

andyb

We've been running about 60 per year with the short season in Portland.

Hoping to get quite a bit more this year with a little luck in the weather.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• andyb

• WakeGirl

• auto

• jetskipro550

Hittin 1000hrs this weekend, with a 2000... looks like 200hrs per year avg. and love every minute.

We've averaged 100 hours the last 2 years, although last summer we missed pretty much all of August & September while we finished building our house so it should have been closer to 150. I was hoping to hit 150 this year, but with the wet spring we've been off to a dismal start. Typically our season starts for real in mid to late March & goes into the first part of November (most people around here wouldn't agree with that time table & call us nuts, but it works for us). I'm really hoping for a good Indian Summer.

First year owning a boat, I have put 88 hours since Thanks Giving, down here in Texas I say we are on the water 4 to 7 days a week, and that is swapping with other boat owners.

We typically put 75 to 100 hrs on the hour clock, but probably triple that amount of time in the boat. The kids love swimming in those warm water coves.

600 hours!!!!

Get off this site!!!!

Look at his post count, he is off the site. In fact he's doing what we all wish we could do.

I wonder if we stopped posting during working hours if our boating time would go up?

Well, I knew it, something wrong with the hour meter...........no way am I using 300 hours per year?

We've averaged 100 hours the last 2 years, although last summer we missed pretty much all of August & September while we finished building our house so it should have been closer to 150.  I was hoping to hit 150 this year, but with the wet spring we've been off to a dismal start.  Typically our season starts for real in mid to late March & goes into the first part of November (most people around here wouldn't agree with that time table & call us nuts, but it works for us).  I'm really hoping for a good Indian Summer.

Our climate must be the upside down version of yours and six months of boating is quite possible if you are keen and winter sports don't get in the way.

I would have said "other" side. Xmas holidays to us are long hot sunny days, BBQ's on the beach, skiing & swimming and when it starts getting colder we come and annoy you guys!

i put 400 last year, anyone in their boat more than 3 months a year. If none of you use your boats other than 3.5 months per year can I use yours so I can keep the hours down on mine.

We get about 110 hrs per year on hour 2001. Wish I could get more....but then this would have to be my full time job!!!

Cheers

Reggie

258 last year with the boat in the shop half of July and half of August.

Season was cut short on Nov. 21 due to engine failure.

85 so far this year on new engine. Hope to get over 300 total this year.

Also hope to WB for the cycle. i.e. at least once a month Jan.-Dec.

We're out on the Delta 3x per week. 2 trips to Shasta planned this summer.

Is this a great country or what??