Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Price Is Right :)

Posted (edited)

Good evening all, 

It's been a while since I've been on here. Many of you are familiar with my little journey on this boat, since buying it for the fam back in 2020ish. First boat ever. Just got her back after a year. I've been having my boat guy run through the Malibu, getting it ready to sell. 

Would like to have a little fun and see what you all think I could sell it for. In Arizona! Without going into too much detail and getting too winded......

2001 Malibu Sunsetter VLX

450+ hours

All new; 

Vinyl

Flooring

Side Carpeting

Tower with Racks

Hinges

Stereo System

Wiring throughout

Batteries and placement

Bilge  

Bimini 

Water pump

Decals

Window tint

And a bunch more

What do you guys think I could sell her for? 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by DGAZ

First, whoever ends up as owner will be very fortunate. A machine like this one's value is whatever a buyer would pay. It would be the perfect boat for a lot of people. If I was to ever upgrade... I'd ask a whole lot, and adjust to the buyer you think would be the best. I would ask near 30.

Steve B.

• Like 2

I completely agree with your take. As I look at it, I’m having trouble coming to terms with offering it for sale. At the same time however, I know someone will love it and create just as many amazing memories as we did. That’s a good feeling! Thanks brother for the feedback

First number that came to mind is $19,995. I haven't looked at any comps, but I know it can cost a lot to do all the things you have done. I don't especially love the tower, and the hours are pretty low for that age which makes me leery too. 

2 hours ago, Sixer said:

First number that came to mind is $19,995. I haven't looked at any comps, but I know it can cost a lot to do all the things you have done. I don't especially love the tower, and the hours are pretty low for that age which makes me leery too. 

Appreciate that feedback brother, thank you 👊🏻

22 hours ago, oldjeep said:

More if you buy and apply some teak oil ;)

That’s the first thing I thought too.  

OP that’s a really nice, well kept boat.  GLWS!

1 hour ago, SurfNAZ said:

That’s the first thing I thought too.  

OP that’s a really nice, well kept boat.  GLWS!

Ha Ha definitely! That was the last think I was gonna do before listing. Teak Oil came in today. Gonna shine her right up and then I’ll list. Appreciate the feedback 

such a sharp '01.  I wish that vinyl guy was still in business because that's still the best re-wrap of an interior I've seen yet.

Also, dang nice new houses out there!

Posted (edited)

Nice looking boat!    IMHO Asking price would be in high 20's.    

On the swim platform - I got tired of Teak oil not lasted and switched over to Sikkens Cetol 1.  So far Im impressed with how the finish looks & holds up.

20240417_144044.thumb.jpg.a3ec657586bb8de98a5d1fd845b3f5c6.jpg20240417_143512.thumb.jpg.1360b5715bb8f9d6b7cf665943091f11.jpg

Edited by Garry
  • Like 2

This is not a very common boat which can be good or bad for selling.  There are only 3 on only inboards.  There is a very nice 2001 Sunscape VLX for $24K that looks mint, 300 hours, but only has 1 photo and has no tower.  There is also an original owner 2001 with factory titan tower and 305 hours for $18K.  That seems like a steal, and having a one owner boat adds $$ in my opinion.

I'd say your in the + or - $20K range.  You have the no carpet interior with new vinyl...huge plus there for any buyer.  And I think your color combo is a popular one that will appeal to a wide range of buyers.  

GLWS!

On 5/9/2024 at 12:40 PM, UWSkier said:

such a sharp '01.  I wish that vinyl guy was still in business because that's still the best re-wrap of an interior I've seen yet.

Also, dang nice new houses out there!

You’ve seen it since day one. It’s come a long way. Always appreciated your support and feedback brother. It’s sad man, Bob, the guy that did my interior passed a year ago. He was a legend for sure 

On 5/9/2024 at 1:04 PM, Garry said:

Nice looking boat!    IMHO Asking price would be in high 20's.    

On the swim platform - I got tired of Teak oil not lasted and switched over to Sikkens Cetol 1.  So far Im impressed with how the finish looks & holds up.

20240417_144044.thumb.jpg.a3ec657586bb8de98a5d1fd845b3f5c6.jpg20240417_143512.thumb.jpg.1360b5715bb8f9d6b7cf665943091f11.jpg

Thank you sir! Oooo that does look good. I put the first coat of teak on this morning. Can I can put this stain over the teak oil? 

On 5/9/2024 at 5:09 PM, EchelonMike said:

This is not a very common boat which can be good or bad for selling.  There are only 3 on only inboards.  There is a very nice 2001 Sunscape VLX for $24K that looks mint, 300 hours, but only has 1 photo and has no tower.  There is also an original owner 2001 with factory titan tower and 305 hours for $18K.  That seems like a steal, and having a one owner boat adds $$ in my opinion.

I'd say your in the + or - $20K range.  You have the no carpet interior with new vinyl...huge plus there for any buyer.  And I think your color combo is a popular one that will appeal to a wide range of buyers.  

GLWS!

Thank You sir! Appreciate all that feedback. I’ve tried to make it as turnkey as possible. For someone that wants the original surf boat, just brought back to life, this would be perfect. The restoration, for the most part had all been done. Excited to see someone enjoy it as much as we did 

• Like 1
On 5/12/2024 at 8:19 AM, Horns1 said:

Question - do all the gauges  still work? Amazing if so.  

Easy fix if they don't though. Resolder the MDC, cleans earths and if that fails delete the MDC and fit a new TRD gauge kit. Takes less time than the resolder and earths.

On 5/11/2024 at 1:19 PM, Horns1 said:

Question - do all the gauges  still work? Amazing if so.  

They don’t give me too much trouble to be honest. Sometimes they’ll wonk out a bit but not very often