Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No power wedge sensor

Smogz207

I have a 2011 wakesetter vlx and there doesn’t appear to be a sensor for the wedge.

The wedge worked last year after I bought it and would show on the display the wedge going down/up, so it must sense it some how but this year the wedge is in a bind and while I’m getting that fixed, I noticed there’s no sensor attached to the side of the wedge. There’s only two wires from the actuators going into the boat, so does anyone know if there is another sensor option for these boats?

https://share.icloud.com/photos/07e4FfiKxgeIfqLH9268dx0Cw

There is no external wedge position sensor on 2006-07 or 2010.5-2014 Malibu boats.

The wedge position is calculated by the Lenco wedge control box under the dash.  It uses the "lobe" count of the actuator motors to send the position data to the MMDC or Viper gauge controller.  The lobe design of the actuators was changed by Lenco in 2012 from a 3 lobe to 5 lobe design. The older 3 lobe actuators are no longer available and position sending issues can occur when they are replaced with the currently available 5 lobe actuators unless the Lenco control box is also upgraded. 

Smogz207

I thought that had to be the case but I kept seeing everyone with the position sensor. Thank you!