Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Screens go blank after initial power up

I’ve been fighting a no start problem the last three years.  2017 22mxz.  Hit the start stop button and it turns off the boat fine.  Then it won’t restart without powering down and turning batteries off then back on and then it may or may not work.  Sometimes resetting the software will fix it.  If that doesn’t work I’ll reload the software from the usb flash drive.  I did that today and now when I power up the screens light up for a second then go black.  Then nothing else happens.  The volume wheel control is the only thing lit up.  Everything else is dead.  I looked under the dash and the two power modules red lights are on.  Batteries are new and charged up.

Are you able to bypass it and start it w a key on 2017?  Obviously check all the grounds and put some dielectric grease in the connections but I assume you’ve been down that road thoroughly after 3 seasons of dealing with this.  There is a chance that your throttle could be part of it.  There’s been lots of documented trouble with the livorsi throttles, maybe it’s not sending the “I’m in neutral” message to allow the motor to start.  After 3 seasons I would bite the bullet and take it to a good Bu shop and let them troubleshoot it.  As far as the current issue with the screen, I would bet that the data on the stick got corrupted.  Maybe get a fresh software DL on a fresh stick and give it a try.