Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2022 Axis a22 - where is depth finder?

Hi - got my boat in water today from dealer and depth readings were blank and then would show 120ft (lake is max 20ft) then go blank again. I wanted to check wiring and make sure all is well. Where can I find the transducer in a 2022 a22?

So I found the Airmar sensor under the hatch  by driver seat. It is down there with a few pumps inc bilge..  bit of tight space!  The sensor says it provides water temp and depth. Interestingly the lake water temp is working fine but depth is totally blank. Left boat on for quite some time and it wouldn’t register a reading.

are these relative easy to diy swap?

hi i will try to give that a try when back at lake. I was wondering if on the 2022 A22 - does the lake temp read from paddle sensor or from this combo depth/temp sensor.  

On my 2018 LSV water temp was read from Paddle wheel sensor as when I unplug it the reading went blank. Dealer told me it was from the Depth/temp sensor but that's not what it looked like.

good point - it could be coming off the paddle wheel. I will disconnect the depth gauge as it is more easily accessible. If lake temp persists then definitely picking it up on paddlewheel. We have GPS installed so paddlewheel speed disabled in the computer menus.  I also noticed the dealer did a SW update on the computer according to the winter storage work order.  

Looking at airmar site and some youtube videos, it would appear the transducer body can be quickly swapped out.  I was pretty shocked to see this as $650 USD part on Bakes!  Glad i got couple years of warranty left.

dealer messaged me back and asked me to unplug/replug the connector to see if connection could be suspect. sounds like they're willing to play ball and get me a new transducer if it ends up not working.  Saves me the trip and drop off to dealer which is painful.