Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to clean ski course buoys

Hey All,

Getting to that time  to clean up the course - all my buoys starting, driving and turning are all black from sitting on the water and ideas on cleaning them? I tried bleach and a couple other products and nothing works - am I stuck with dirty balls?

Get new ones at some point.  They also make spray paint that works on rubber.  Our guys do that and it works for a while but at some point you just got to crack open the wallet.  

Thank goodness for a post from a buoy turner. Replace them suckers. Ha, they are probably hard too from sun beating. New ones are softer to hit, especially when they are warm. 

Back in college we would scrub them and then just hit them with fresh spray paint.  Worked like a charm.  

ahopkins22LSV

I’d suggest looking into Wally skier buoys. At least for the turn balls and gates. You really don’t even need to inflate them and they only flow 2-4” above the water. Makes for safer turns and they never faded in the five years we used them. We just used whatever for the boat guides.