Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Low voltage alarm 08 wakesetter lsv

Critter86

Hi, I have an 08 wakesetter lsv that is throwing a low voltage alarm.. I’ve tested batteries which are good. At idle, not in gear  - volt meter reading 13.3 on batteries but boat instrument showing 12. Same readings from volt meter at fuse bank under dash..

Discrepancy between wet, voltmeter reads and wet boat indicate… By voltage testing everything looks good per voltmeter, but boat continues to throw alarms… I feel strongly that the alternator is doing his job and providing charge to batteries and voltage is appropriate at instrument cluster per volt meter but Dash instrument indicate low voltage…

anyone out there experienced the same issue? Boat is maintained to factory spec and we are original owners.. this issue came up late last season and is occurring again just after the winterization this year… I feel like the factory voltage gauge is not registering accurate voltage… any thoughts out there?

Loose, corroded, or worn/damaged harness pins or cable connections are the most common cause of voltage drop.  Start by checking the battery and main engine cable connections and work your way towards the engine and dash harness connectors.

And don't forget to clean and inspect the return (ground) cables as well.  The poor connection could be on battery plus or minus.

I periodically lie on my back and clean every connection I can find under the dash, then spray all of them with light spray oil to help keep oxygen away.  It is basically a miracle cure for the things that don't work well, and a great way to familiarize myself with the circuits in the boat.

• Like 1

I second the light oil spray as @justgary mentioned above.  Except, what I use was really a saviour when I had my Malibus in the hawaii salt waters - T9 Boeshield is fantastic and maybe some of the best stuff I've found.  If you read up on the product it was designed by Boeing for solutions to NASA  and aircraft components, waterproofing and advanced cutting down for corrosion.  I use this on so many applications, not just the boat/trailer.

T-9 Boeshield - Amazon