Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 A24 LT4 prop recommedations?

Btown801

This boat is new to me, and I am looking to upgrade from the 17" OJ1778 and have a spare. Wakemakers recommends the ACME 3311 for General Use and 3513 for Low Speed performance at Altitude 3k-6k. We Surf heavily loaded and cruise around Lake Powell most of the time going 90 minutes up lake. The LT4 is a beast and I wonder if I need the low speed performance or if the General Use is going to be plenty since I have the LT4? Anyone have experience with both of these props? Any recommendations?

I"m sure someone will chime in on that, but in the meantime, you've mentioned your boat, and haven't posted any pics of it.  We'd all love to see the beauty!

Btown801
6 minutes ago, REHinH20 said:

I"m sure someone will chime in on that, but in the meantime, you've mentioned your boat, and haven't posted any pics of it.  We'd all love to see the beauty!

How do I post pics on this website? Do I need to use an app or something? The cover boat on the link below is identical exterior. Gray, Black and Nassau Blue on the interior.

https://www.axiswake.com/news/2021-news/axis-a24-press-release

44 minutes ago, Btown801 said:

This boat is new to me, and I am looking to upgrade from the 17" OJ1778 and have a spare. Wakemakers recommends the ACME 3311 for General Use and 3513 for Low Speed performance at Altitude 3k-6k. We Surf heavily loaded and cruise around Lake Powell most of the time going 90 minutes up lake. The LT4 is a beast and I wonder if I need the low speed performance or if the General Use is going to be plenty since I have the LT4? Anyone have experience with both of these props? Any recommendations?

Check if you have at least 1.5” of clearance and go to an 18” prop . The lt4 can handle a 18x16 .120 cup at 6100’ on a t250 with 12 people . Surfs low rpm and will top over 50 if you’re crazy 

I've heard that on the LT4 you have to consider the idle speed when in gear...it can turn such a big prop that you can be idling at ~10 mph. You have to come in and out of gear a TON when docking, etc. Just something to keep in mind!

dizzygti
1 hour ago, Livinlogs said:

Check if you have at least 1.5” of clearance and go to an 18” prop . 

I only had 1.15" on my T250 with a 17" 1778.  I thought the "rule" or suggestion was 3/4" minimum.  What's the concensus? 

Btown801

I emailed ACME and they told me they recommend 3/4” minimum clearance. I have 1.25” with the 1778. So I should have 3/4” with an 18” prop. 

Btown801
3 hours ago, dshack said:

I've heard that on the LT4 you have to consider the idle speed when in gear...it can turn such a big prop that you can be idling at ~10 mph. You have to come in and out of gear a TON when docking, etc. Just something to keep in mind!

Interesting, I have not heard this. This points to the low speed performance.  

Btown801
4 hours ago, Livinlogs said:

Check if you have at least 1.5” of clearance and go to an 18” prop . The lt4 can handle a 18x16 .120 cup at 6100’ on a t250 with 12 people . Surfs low rpm and will top over 50 if you’re crazy 

18x16 sounds like a speed prop. Does it idle 10mph?  6100’ sounds like Jordanelle. I’ve never launched there. 

12 hours ago, Btown801 said:

18x16 sounds like a speed prop. Does it idle 10mph?  6100’ sounds like Jordanelle. I’ve never launched there. 

Yes jordanelle. It does idle around 5 :). Got to pulse when trailering . It makes surfing so quiet that drop of about 500 rpm’s. Not all boats have the clearance . I’ve seen exact models have less clearance than mine . I’m 7/8” with the 18” prop but run two seasons with no gel burn . 

On 3/28/2024 at 11:18 PM, dshack said:

Paging @Tjards to the white courtesy phone lol

3313 would be my choice! thats the happy medium for a good general use here in utah 

50 minutes ago, Tjards said:

3313 would be my choice! thats the happy medium for a good general use here in utah 

What he said 

Just out of curiosity, how should the ACME 2805 (17x17) compare to the 3313 (18x15.5)? Does the tradeoff between pitch and diameter make them pretty similar?