Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cupholder Tray Replacement??

Replacing my interior on my 2011 23LSV. In doing so, I have noticed that my cupholder trays are falling apart (no idea what they are technically called). I am referring to the cupholders that are in the gunnel on each side. They are attached by screws at the bottom and two bolts at the top that are mounted to the chrome handles. The plastics/leather that the bolts go through on the top have fallen apart and are no longer holding up which causes the whole "tray" to sag. 

I have no been able to find anywhere online (malibupart, bakes, greatlakesskipper, etc) that sells this piece. Was wondering if anyone else knows of where I could find replacements or know of a fix without having to go to through a dealer? 

Thanks! 

I had the same issue on my 2010 at the time. I ended up making backing plates out of HDPE/Starboard to hold it all in place. In some spots I had to to do a sandwich like configuration to keep it in place. Normally my OCD would have gotten the better of me for the fix, but out of site, out of mind prevailed in this case. I am betting it would be nearly impossible to find those exact pieces. 

• 3 months later...
On 11/2/2023 at 12:46 PM, wdr said:

I had the same issue on my 2010 at the time. I ended up making backing plates out of HDPE/Starboard to hold it all in place. In some spots I had to to do a sandwich like configuration to keep it in place. Normally my OCD would have gotten the better of me for the fix, but out of site, out of mind prevailed in this case. I am betting it would be nearly impossible to find those exact pieces. 

I ended up doing some plastic welding around the areas that were broken. Haven't had a chance to install them yet but they seem to be hold up well.