Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G3 tower placement

Mb911

It is? Well i bet he cant weld stainless..

my friend Aluminum is so much harder to weld, but thank you as I didnt know it was stainless.

2 hours ago, Water4fire said:

It is? Well i bet he cant weld stainless..

my friend Aluminum is so much harder to weld, but thank you as I didnt know it was stainless.

Yea the polished portion is stainless and the black portion is cast aluminum 

4 hours ago, Mb911 said:

Ok well a G3 tower is stainless so that aluminum guy would not whom I would go to

Google translation:

A G3 tower cross bar is stainless steel, so I would not go to someone who specializes in aluminum.

1 hour ago, Water4fire said:

Well my tower is all black, but I assume mine is still stainless then powder coated black. 

The side posts are aluminum.  The crossbars are stainless.  I'm super interested in how this turns out.

Edited by oldjeep
12 hours ago, oldjeep said:

The side posts are aluminum.  The crossbars are stainless.  I'm super interested in how this turns out.

Same here, especially with the ever so non-gracious reactions to those of us who have tried to share knowledge on the subject.

14 minutes ago, cowwboy said:

Same here, especially with the ever so non-gracious reactions to those of us who have tried to share knowledge on the subject.

I apologize if I came across non-gracious that was not my intention. I think I have run across your project in my searches . The link you shared requires a log in for some reason for me at least. 

Cowboy, i beieve its hard to tell via forum keyboarding how much we actually are very happy with the input.

i am for sure. My frustration just started for me, with the tube crossbar being stainless and I would have taken it to the aluminum guy to then fide out. So you guys helped save me time.

i did also review your project and posted there. I had your same boat before we moved to the bigger 23.

Also had a question on the slide bimini. How much clearence does it need, so I can make the tower correct since I am cutting and narrowing it?

Edited by Water4fire
  • 5 weeks later...

Well mine is mounted. It is back approximately 10” back from the windshield. I probably should have went back another couple inches but it looks good. It amazing how these boats are not even close to square or laid out even. I can’t post pictures otherwise I would.