Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rear Underwater light Replacement help, options?

ThatMalibuNY

ThatMalibuNY

Just picked up my 2016 23 lsv a couple weeks ago and one of the factory underwater lights flickers so i figured it would be a good time for an upgrade.  But what is everyone using to replace the factory lights?  I see a bunch of guys recommend the Water Dragon (new malibu) light but the screw holes are of by about a 1/2".  Does everyone just drill into the hull to make new lights work or is there a direct replacement option? Thank you in advance

ThatMalibuNY
7 minutes ago, phinz said:

I went with just the blue lights but it gives you an idea on which style to go with

M50-BS12-1

Water Dragon Underwarter Light, Blue, 12 LED

Awesome, thank you. Did these go in the same location as factory or did you have to drill new holes?

ThatMalibuNY
1 hour ago, phinz said:

I did not have the factory lights installed so I had to drill holes

Understood, thank you! Just a regular drill bit? And marine waterproof silicone?

51 minutes ago, ThatMalibuNY said:

Understood, thank you! Just a regular drill bit? And marine waterproof silicone?

Take a look at this thread, 

I know I used it along with other info found on TMC website that I felt giving them some gas money was a no brainer.

ThatMalibuNY
43 minutes ago, phinz said:

Take a look at this thread, 

I know I used it along with other info found on TMC website that I felt giving them some gas money was a no brainer.

Awesome, thank you!