Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

05/06 chrome gauge trim

TeamTaylor373

TeamTaylor373

Hey everyone,

new to the forum, but long time Malibu owner and forum viewer! I’ve got an issue I’m hoping someone can help me with.

The chrome gauge bezel for my 06 wakesetter vlx was peeling, so I removed it to be refinished. Long story short, it got damaged and is no longer usable. I have called all the dealers I can think of and have been told this part was discontinued and that the only way to replace it is to either 1) find one that a dealer happens a to have laying around from back in the day, or 2) have a cnc shop make me a new one.

I’m hoping someone on here has an idea for me, or knows where I might find one. However, I was also told by Scott at Texas Malibu that Ronnie has a machine shop and may be able to help me out as well. So Ronnie, if you read this, please reach out or let me know how I could contact you to discuss this.

I  know this has been discussed on here before,  but so far I have found no solution. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

TeamTaylor373
On 5/6/2023 at 2:03 PM, TeamTaylor373 said:

Hey everyone,

new to the forum, but long time Malibu owner and forum viewer! I’ve got an issue I’m hoping someone can help me with.

The chrome gauge bezel for my 06 wakesetter vlx was peeling, so I removed it to be refinished. Long story short, it got damaged and is no longer usable. I have called all the dealers I can think of and have been told this part was discontinued and that the only way to replace it is to either 1) find one that a dealer happens a to have laying around from back in the day, or 2) have a cnc shop make me a new one.

I’m hoping someone on here has an idea for me, or knows where I might find one. However, I was also told by Scott at Texas Malibu that Ronnie has a machine shop and may be able to help me out as well. So Ronnie, if you read this, please reach out or let me know how I could contact you to discuss this.

I  know this has been discussed on here before,  but so far I have found no solution. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

Bump. I found one at a dealership in Florida and it should be arriving tomorrow! I’ve also got leads on a couple more that are available if anyone else needs one 👍🏻

• 4 months later...

I powder coated mine years ago and it still looks great.   Was pretty easy but requires a gun and oven.  Luckily I had an old oven and purchased an electric Black and Decker gun for less than 40$.  (they don't make them anymore but found one new on ebay..I just looked and saw a couple for a couple hundred dollars lol)  I just scuffed up the dash part with  a scotch brite pad , cleaned it, shot it with powder and baked it.  Turned out really nice.

Looks good!  I bought some glossy black powder a few years ago but haven't used it yet.  I might get motivated and do the smaller chrome pieces this winter but they still look pretty good.