Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Suggestions on new wakeboard

Malibudude

Dude, I just notice that Jess's board is a 2000 LF Luscious, its about time you upgrade her board you cheap.....

Her board is newer than that...yes it's time to upgrade it, hence this discussion.

Not!!!!!!!

2000 LF Luscious

00LF491.jpg

Looks just like the board you posted, Ayh? :lol:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibudude

• stewart

• D-GOOSE

• NorCaliBu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I PMed you but I have more info.

I have seen her ride a lot so take this to heart. I think a 3-stage rocker would be a bad choice. Jess has some issue with generating speed into the wake and a 3 stage would be slower than a continuous. Along those lines, I would look for something with molded outer fins and a removable center fin. The shorter fins tend to generate more speed and will help as she continues to learn spins as they are more forgiving on slight over or under rotations. If you go with continuous and shorter fins, you can go a little wider for some more pop without sacrificing speed. Personally I would suggest demoing and a few I would look into are the Ronix Coy (Thin rails and hybrid rocker along with good width), CWB Absolute 135 (Molded side fins with removable center, good width), The Melissa (subtle 3 stage but it's basically a Trip).

Bindings - Personally I would go with the hinge bindings of her choice but I am a little biased.

Dude, I just notice that Jess's board is a 2000 LF Luscious, its about time you upgrade her board you cheap.....

Her board is newer than that...yes it's time to upgrade it, hence this discussion.

Not!!!!!!!

2000 LF Luscious

00LF491.jpg

Ya ya I know I posted it but it was an '02 model, though that's the only picture I could find of her current one.

I PMed you but I have more info.

I have seen her ride a lot so take this to heart. I think a 3-stage rocker would be a bad choice. Jess has some issue with generating speed into the wake and a 3 stage would be slower than a continuous. Along those lines, I would look for something with molded outer fins and a removable center fin. The shorter fins tend to generate more speed and will help as she continues to learn spins as they are more forgiving on slight over or under rotations. If you go with continuous and shorter fins, you can go a little wider for some more pop without sacrificing speed. Personally I would suggest demoing and a few I would look into are the Ronix Coy (Thin rails and hybrid rocker along with good width), CWB Absolute 135 (Molded side fins with removable center, good width), The Melissa (subtle 3 stage but it's basically a Trip).

Bindings - Personally I would go with the hinge bindings of her choice but I am a little biased.

What about the LF Jett?

Didn't think a 3 stage would be best.

Isn't it more of a hybrid?

According to the website, "The Jett is the ultimate ride for the girl looking to rip on a 3 stage board."

It also says "Three stage, hybrid rocker-Straighter curve through center with accelerated kick out the tips – smooth transitions into the tail section for a higher trajectory off the wakes."

Best thing to do is make a short list (you have enough boards listed on this thread) and see what the evil empire has available. Remember, if you do buy from them they will knock the demo rate off purchase price.

Obrien is the only one they may not carry. Also, as far as 07's, I was told that they may not have any available to demo until late spring.

Not!!!!!!!

2000 LF Luscious

00LF491.jpg

Ya ya I know I posted it but it was an '02 model, though that's the only picture I could find of her current one.

Looks the same to me Dontknow.gif

post-235-1172167261_thumb.jpg

Admittedly I did not read all the posts in this thread (didn't have time), but my wife was in the market for a new board last year and she loved my LF Substance, but she wanted a board with colors and graphics appealing to women. In fact my wife first looks at the color and graphics as much as the board itself. Not sure about your wife, but this eliminated many boards for us.

With that being said, she liked the 06 LF Cadence which was basically a Substance like board. This year she is going to try the Melissa since my wife is tall and needs a little longer board.

My advice: Let her ride all she can and make her mind up with her overall enjoyment of the board that fits her style. I'd stay away from the "entry level boards" no matter what the experience of the rider. Those can help people get up, but then its outdated.

I have no experience with Ronix, but Hyperlite makes great woman's boards also.

Jay,

Do you know who is the Ronix dealer in town? Waterski World?

Also does anyone know if the evil empire will rent two or three boards at once?

They have a new shop manager Shocking.gif (not). I think if Jesse went in and talked with her she would be willing to let her use more than one for the rent a lake trip.

Jay,

Do you know who is the Ronix dealer in town? Waterski World?

Also does anyone know if the evil empire will rent two or three boards at once?

They have a new shop manager Shocking.gif (not). I think if Jesse went in and talked with her she would be willing to let her use more than one for the rent a lake trip.

I'm hoping to find one for her prior to the rent-a-lake trip and the season in general, that way she's got it dialed in. The list or boards for her to try are:

O'Brien Atla

Ronix Coy

CWB Absolute 135

The Melissa

Justin, did Jess ever get her bindings off her current board?

She wanted to try Jim's HL Premier last year but you couldn't get her bindings free. If she still wants to try it, she's welcome to try the Premier.

Justin, did Jess ever get her bindings off her current board?

She wanted to try Jim's HL Premier last year but you couldn't get her bindings free. If she still wants to try it, she's welcome to try the Premier.

Haven't tried since October. Thanks for the reminder I'll pop those loose so she can.

We went to check out some board this past weekend and looked at the CWB Absolute but she felt the Sapphire board maybe a better fit and it's lighter. It has a less of a 3-stage rocker than the absolute and should land softer. Though it shouldn't hamper surface tricks or speed but create more pop. We didn't end up w/ it as they don't rent them so I thought I'd check to see what others thought of this board first. My concern is this board is based upon the Pure board and seems to be the board for a beginner to intermediate. I think the Mellisa would be a better choice giver her riding level and experience and the Absolute the more agressive of the bunch.

So far the CWB 7’s boots are the looking like the winner over the torques.

I'm sorry but I saw the title of this thread & then M-dude's name.

You can imagine my confusion . Dontknow.gif

Edited by shannoook

We did some searching around and we we’re steered towards the LF team, substance and PS3 boards. The team doesn’t’ have the molded fins while the substance does but have fairly similar designs and applications. The PS3 has an aggressive 3 stage rocker which wasn’t a recommendation. I’m worried the Absolute might but a bit to heavy for her? I think she wants to try the absolute board this weekend to start somewhere.

We did some searching around and we we’re steered towards the LF team, substance and PS3 boards. The team doesn’t’ have the molded fins while the substance does but have fairly similar designs and applications. The PS3 has an aggressive 3 stage rocker which wasn’t a recommendation. I’m worried the Absolute might but a bit to heavy for her? I think she wants to try the absolute board this weekend to start somewhere.

At least last year the Substance was LF best selling board I think. Its a nice board from beginner through pro. My wife loves it, just hates the graphics. She rode the Substance without the center fins and it tracks well as long as you have your edging down properly. I have a Substance as well and is my favorite all purpose board and easy to flip plus easy for surface tricks like 180's, butter slides, etc. My Watson is the better of the two for air.

A friend of mine just bought a new '06 134 Substance on Ebay last week for $149. Hard to believe.

It's still early in the year, but the LF Melissa is a great riding board and my wife really likes it. I have to say I took a turn on it for her as well and it road very nice and easy up the wake. We did this at a camp down in Florida.

Another person broke a brand new Ronix One after two landings in the flats. Hope that is not an indication of that board's durability. Broke right in the middle.

Anyway, good luck!

At least last year the Substance was LF best selling board I think. Its a nice board from beginner through pro. My wife loves it, just hates the graphics. She rode the Substance without the center fins and it tracks well as long as you have your edging down properly. I have a Substance as well and is my favorite all purpose board and easy to flip plus easy for surface tricks like 180's, butter slides, etc. My Watson is the better of the two for air.

A friend of mine just bought a new '06 134 Substance on Ebay last week for $149. Hard to believe.

It's still early in the year, but the LF Melissa is a great riding board and my wife really likes it. I have to say I took a turn on it for her as well and it road very nice and easy up the wake. We did this at a camp down in Florida.

Another person broke a brand new Ronix One after two landings in the flats. Hope that is not an indication of that board's durability. Broke right in the middle.

Anyway, good luck!

Thanks for the info. Is your wife an aggressive rider? I'm trying to guage the Melissa board...

No one is demoing boards until next month.... Mad.gifMad.gifMad.gif So I'm not sure if we'll just have to buy one and use the performance guarantee to exchange it for another if she doesn't care for the none we purchased. Granted w/ the boat show happing locally starting tonight they may want to sell what they can...though we told them we're a for sure sale just must find the correct board....fricken irritating. So unless we can get someone to demo we may just have to purchase one and she wants to start w/ the CWB Absolute.