Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Other High Hour Malibu's? I'm sitting at 1580 hours

smashj

On 3/29/2023 at 4:32 AM, bboozer said:

Our 2007 Wakesetter VLX has 1100 hours on it and has been almost trouble free (we did have to replace the throttle body). We always maintain it well, and keep it garaged except for the weekends that we are using it. To me, a boat that is used regularly seems to be more reliable than one of the same year that sits idle.... But, maybe that's just my opinion... 

no doubt,  if folks would start their boats monthly or better yet every 2 weeks during the layup,  i bet they avoid a ton of problems. i broke my femur my second year with my axis and pulled it out and started it every month for 9 months.  the first month pulling it out by hand sitting on the tongue using one leg was an experience ! especially pushing it back in 

7.5 yrs 1127 hours and only a thermostat and valve cover gasket leak !!

• Like 2
On 3/29/2023 at 4:32 AM, bboozer said:

Our 2007 Wakesetter VLX has 1100 hours on it and has been almost trouble free (we did have to replace the throttle body). We always maintain it well, and keep it garaged except for the weekends that we are using it. To me, a boat that is used regularly seems to be more reliable than one of the same year that sits idle.... But, maybe that's just my opinion... 

I had over 1100 hours on my 06VLX when I sold it 9 years ago. Other than vapor lock issues, stellar performance.

• 2 months later...